Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2017 23:00

OpenManage Enterprise

OpenManage Enterprise is the next generation OpenManage Essentials.  It simplifies, centralizes and automates the full span of server lifecycle management activities – discovery, configuration, deployment, updates, and remediation – within a single console that unifies management of tower, rack and modular platforms.  

OpenManage Enterprise assists in standardizing and supporting your IT management policies and practices.

Now, you can download the software here.

2.8K Posts

December 7th, 2017 10:00

We're out!

Rob

7 Posts

December 11th, 2017 06:00

Hello,

Impossible to download

When prompted, select Run to download the OpenManage Enterprise – Tech Release _2_3_A00.exe file. Be patient as the file is large (.98GB). The process could exceed 15 minutes.

this file is not in the list. Only the Virtual releases are available.

Need some help please

Regards

7 Posts

December 11th, 2017 07:00

Hi,

I use this URL www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

But I can only download VM files (KVM, VDH and OVF).

I just need the EXE file to install the release on one of our server.

Perharps I miss something ?

Regards

2.8K Posts

Oh, I understand your question now.

For OpenManage Enterprise, the release is delivered only as a Virtual Appliance in these three formats, but not a separate EXE install.

Thanks,

Rob

2.8K Posts

Hi there,

Here is what I just tried that seemed to work:

1. Go to www.delltechcenter.com/ome

2. Click on the hyperlink at the top to launch to the Enterprise DTC portal.

3. Scroll down a bit to the download link.

4. You need to fill out a short form and then it launches you do the download page.

5. I clicked the OVF download it it pulled it down.

Are you going to a different site?  Or using a different link?  I can check that one if you let me know.

Thx

Rob

5 Posts

Hi,

I got a couple of questions about the new appliance

* How is the appliance updated? do you need to download a new image for that? How is the db preserved in that case?

* Do package updates get rolled out automatically via yum (ie centos packages)?

* Why are the dell repositories not defined in /etc/yum.repos.d?

* Why do you ship the kvm image with open-vm-tools? :) Maybe include qemu-guest-agent

* Could you provide an ova file? Should be very close to the ovf zip you already have

* Will there be an option to install this on a centos/rhel yourself ie a system inside my configuration management?

Greetings

Klaas

5 Posts

Hi,

there is an error during the boot of the appliance:

"Error in creating LogConnectionFactory for log4jjava.io.FileNofFoundException: /opt/dell/omc/utilities/tui/lib/logjdbc,properties (No such file or directory)"

and a warning:

"[AppClassLoad@18b4aac2] warning javax.* types are not being woven because the weaver option '-Xset:weaveJavaxPackages=true' has not been specified"

They do not seem to affect functionality though.

Greetings

Klaas

5 Posts

Hi,

this is not an exe. It's an appliance ie a full VM image.

Greetings

Klaas

2.8K Posts

December 11th, 2017 18:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

The next version that is released will support in place upgrade and handle the database upgrade as well while preserving data.

The appliance is 'locked down' and will be updated periodically with new versions of OpenManage Enterprise.

Currently we only provide the HyperV, KVM and VMWare (ovf) formats.  I'm don't have any information on other hypervisor formats at this time.  We don't have current plans for a non-appliance distribution.

Thanks much,

Rob

2.8K Posts

December 11th, 2017 18:00

Thanks Klaas,

I'll send the info along on these warning messages.

Regards,

Rob

5 Posts

December 11th, 2017 23:00

Hi,

I think you misunderstood parts of my questions:

* the kvm image includes open-vm-tools - this is not needed on kvm because it is not vmware. KVM would use qemu-guest-agent, its part of the centos repositories so you just need to change your kvm build a little to include this. An alternative if you want to keep using one image as source for all would be to install both and decide upon boot which to enable

* the ova export is just a little different than the ovf export you already have, it's a tar that includes ovf+diskimage, a single appliance file instead of a zip with multiple files

Thanks for the answers on the other questions, is there an announce mailing list or something like that to get updates when the first non-preview version will be released?

Greetings

Klaas

8 Posts

December 12th, 2017 00:00

Hi!

Ok so im online with new version now

Cople questions.

1. Firmware, does it still base repository on what models servers i have in ome like the old one did?

2. When downloading firmware, do i need to make sure system as access to download certificates or is this in each file? old repo manager i needed to manualy download each cert because it was blocked in fw.

3. is there any list of port used to comunicate, i need to open this in my firewall because everything is blocked.

4. im looking at access controll, is there any posibility to custom create access profile for a user so that the user only see one og 2 server fks a static group containing som servers and everything else is removed.

2.8K Posts

December 12th, 2017 06:00

Ok, thanks I'll pass your suggestions on to the team for review.

You can keep an eye on the DTC pages for new announcements.  But the console itself should give you a visual indicator when there is a new release available. 

Thanks much,

Rob

90 Posts

December 13th, 2017 08:00

Hello,

I downloaded the VHD version, but whatever I do to import the virtual machine, Hyper-V manager (on Win 2012 R2) will fail as the xml file is missing 

1 Rookie

• 

77 Posts

December 13th, 2017 09:00

I'm having the same problem.

No Events found!