Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2015 11:00

Server and DRAC names in OME

We have different DNS names for our DRACs, servername-sc.abc.  We have discovery groups set up for both the servers and the DRACs.  For the servers, we're using SNMP and for the DRACs, WS-Man.  The servers were added first.  Then when I added the DRAC discovery range, it renamed all the servers to their DRAC names ("servername-sc").  What did I do wrong?  The preference is to see the actual server name, not the DRAC name in the inventory.

Thanks,

Brian

2.8K Posts

July 10th, 2015 15:00

Hi and thanks for the post.

You have a bit of flexibility when you create your discovery ranges.

If you have 12/13G servers, it may be easiest to just discover the iDRAC ip address via WSMan (uncheck SNMP).

If you do happen to discover both the in-band IP as well as the iDRAC IP address, OME will merge them into a single device which might be why you are seeing this behavior.

Thanks,

Rob

delltechcenter.com/ome

3 Posts

July 13th, 2015 06:00

Rob,

Thank you for your response.  I believe they are being merged.  The problem is that when they are merged, some of them are merging into the DRAC DNS name.  How can I make sure OME uses the server name when the merge occurs?  

Thanks,

Brian

2.8K Posts

July 14th, 2015 13:00

Hmmm...I guess I would have thought the merged would have used the hostname but I'm not positive.

If you can open a ticket (800-945-3355) then maybe the support team can grab a copy of the database and pass it along for review.

Regards,

Rob 

No Events found!