Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

February 1st, 2019 07:00

Switch from "Managed System login" to "Local System Login"

Hello,

We have some servers on which when I try to access openmange it opens in "Managed System Login" mode. I can use this to login to other ESXi openmaange interfaces but I can't check hardware on this particular server. I tried to put in "Hostname / IP address:" field localhost or IP address of the same host or 127.0.0.1 but it doesn't help

openmanage.png

How can I switch from "Managed System login" to "Local System Login" to be able to login this server openamange.

2.9K Posts

February 1st, 2019 11:00

At the bottom of the screen there should be some small text allowing you to change modes. "Manage Remote System" is what I believe it said when going the other direction from what you're wanting to do.

However, I need to clarify something to help understand the situation. Did you install OpenManage for this host on a VM or the host itself? If it is a VM, the OpenManage instance is not going to see the iDRAC and it's associated data. The OpenManage .vib would need to be installed on the host itself, and then another OpenManage instance can be pointed at the IP of the host. For example, you could install the .vib to ESXi, then use a laptop with OpenManage to view the server information. 

Your description is leading me to believe that the installation wasn't done on the host, and would explain why you can't pull data. But if I am mistaken, you should be able to toggle the mode in some small text below what you see. I'll see if I can locate a screenshot.

3 Posts

February 2nd, 2019 02:00

Hello Dell-DylanJ,

Thank you for your response. The installation is made on physical host:

openmanage1.png

As you can see below in red square there is button(Manage Web Server) to switch the mode but it leads to page where I can't find anything useful:

openmanage2.png

In comparison I have another server where the switch button is "Manage Local Node" and here everything is OK:

openmanage3.png

Also problematic Openmange have version 6.5.0 and normal one 7.1.0.

Can this problem somehow connected with Openmanage version?

Is it possible that there are different modes to install Openmanage and the "problematic" one was installed in "only manage other nodes" mode?

2.9K Posts

February 4th, 2019 07:00

Both of those OpenManage versions are pretty out of date. what I would try is uninstalling them, then installing the latest iteration supported by your server model. If it is an 11G or earlier, that should be 8.5. If it is 12G to 14G, it should be 9.2. 

3 Posts

February 7th, 2019 00:00

Hello Dell-DylanJ,

Thank you for your support.

No Events found!