Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 12th, 2017 12:00

Repository Manager unable to download updates for SUU

I'm trying to create a Linux SUU for my FC430s via RM (v2.2.1.616) and it keeps failing with "Error downloading some files."

It can download most of the files it needs, so why can't it download all of them? It really is very frustrating, and makes RM impossible to use. Right now I'm attempting to create the SUU multiple times and deleting the files it can't download from the bundle. I'm going to end up with a SUU that may not cover all of the hardware in my FC430s.

I would download them manually and import them into the Repository Manager FileStore if I could, but apparently RM gives them peculiar names so it's not as easy as that. It would make things a lot easier if RM just downloaded the files with the normal names (such as you'd have if you downloaded the DUP from the website) - then a) we could import if necessary and b) we could find and copy the DUPs directly from the FileStore directory rather than having to go through RM's interface.

Here are the files RM can't download:

Network_Firmware_YK7GY_LN64_20.06.05.06.BIN        
Firmware_M2YKM_LN_3.31_A00-00_01.BIN
Express-Flash-PCIe-SSD_Firmware_TY9C8_LN64_1.0.3_A00.BIN
Network_Firmware_1T8HX_LN_20.6.18.BIN
SAS-RAID_Firmware_NH55C_LN_25.5.2.0001_A09_06.BIN
FC430_BIOS_9J05T_LN_2.4.2.BIN

I gave up after the BIOS update failed to download, as I need it in my SUU. It's highly likely there are more...

336 Posts

September 28th, 2017 12:00

Can anyone from Dell respond to this?

Thanks.

54 Posts

September 28th, 2017 18:00

It happens because of the ftp.dell.com file server issue.

Can you please check the network settings and try another protocol?

If you have the files download locally you may import the files to DRM using creating a dummy empty repository and "Import" in  Components page, which will import files to filestore. 

Provided you have downloaded the corresponding .SIGN files from same FTP location.

336 Posts

September 29th, 2017 07:00

Well I had a look and saw that I could force Repository Manager to just use HTTPS to download updates but it still failed to create the ISO because it couldn't download a file.

I set it to just HTTP and it still failed.

I set it to just FTP and it still failed.

I set it to all three and it still failed.

How do I get this to work again? It really doesn't like the file Express-Flash-PCIe-SSD_Firmware_TY9C8_LN64_1.0.3_A00.BIN.

336 Posts

September 29th, 2017 07:00

Hi,

What is the "ftp.dell.com file server issue"? I assume this is on Dell's end? If so, when is it going to be fixed?

I don't know what you mean by "check the network settings and try another protocol" in reference to Repository Manager. Please explain.

Thanks.

Regards, Dominic

54 Posts

October 2nd, 2017 22:00

It is available in the following path. It is only 5MB. I am not sure why it is failing. May be the path is wrong in the catalog/repository available with you. 

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04438874M/1/

Can you please delete this component from you repo and try export

and

import (Components view -> Import) the file manually downloading from above path and added it to the bundle (Bundles View -> Add). 

Please raise a support issue if issue still persist.

Thanks

1 Message

October 18th, 2017 14:00

From my logs, it appears that the catalog file downloads.dell.com/Catalog.xml.gz is from August, and the new one is in downloads.dell.com/catalog/Catalog.xml.gz. However, the packages are in the root of the directory structure, and the paths don't work as advertised.

No Events found!