Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2017 19:00

2nd Monitor no longer recognized

I finally agreed to update Windows and now my 2nd monitor is not recognized. I have nothing but a black screen and I cannot even find the 2nd monitor as something to add when I go to the control panel. Any way to roll back the update or do something to make my 2nd monitor recognized again?

• 

17K Posts

November 13th, 2017 08:00

BryanC423,

Right-click a blank part of the desktop and choose Screen Resolution from the pop-up menu that appears. Both displays appear listed onscreen. Click the Detect button if Windows can't find the second monitor. Click the icon that represents your main monitor and choose Make This My Main Display

How to Fix if Windows 10 Cannot Detect 2nd Monitor

2 Posts

November 13th, 2017 16:00

The instructions do not apply. After right clicking there is no option to select screen resolution. I have display manager and there is a resolution button but no option to select a monitor. It does not recognize there is a 2nd monitor. 

The instructions further down state I should uninstall Display Adapters. I cannot do that. When I Click on the Display Adapters I see 2 sub options of Display and Intel(R) HD Graphics 530. I can uninstall one of those but not sure which one.

• 

17K Posts

November 14th, 2017 07:00

BryanC423,

Try the information listed in the link below to see if they will resolve the issue.

Fix: Windows 10 Can’t Detect the Second Monitor

No Events found!