Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2013 06:00

660 inspiron video resolution

Just got an 660 inspiron.  Video is unacceptable. resolution, brightness etc. is poor.  I believe I have the latest driver from intel but still NG.  Tried both RGB and HDMI as well as several monitors.  Any suggestions?  Thanks 

October 20th, 2013 07:00

Hi glenno77,

We regret the inconvenience, please try changing the resolution of your computer and let us know if that fixes the issue.

1. Click Start Icon.

2. Click Control Panel.
3. Under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution.
4. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution. Move the slider to the resolution you desire and then click Apply.

You might try changing the settings for brightness on your monitor buttons.

Please complete these and also provide us the screenshot of your display resolution.

Let us know if this helps.

9 Posts

October 20th, 2013 08:00

I have tried all those.  I can't seem to get the screen shot to paste.

9 Posts

October 20th, 2013 08:00

I have adjusted the resolution with no better results.  

October 20th, 2013 09:00

Hi glenno77,

Thank you for your response, Please also check in Device Manager if you find any driver which has a yellow exclamation mark or a question mark. Under Display please click and highlight and let us know what do you see under Display.
How about changing the brightness from the Monitor Menu button which you might also have the manuals which should have come along with the computer or you might find on the Dell’s support website.
http://dell.to/1dFtXxL

Please check under Monitor and if you’re aware of the Monitor model# you might check the same.

9 Posts

October 20th, 2013 09:00

I have done the monitor adjustments.  No yellow on device manager.   I have changed monitors, HDMI and RGB cables, adjusted monitors as well as PC.  I will send you a screen shot if you can tell me how to do it.  My file is too large.

Not sure if this is important but the pc doesn't pick up the correct size of the monitor. I have to adjust the screen height and width to around 45%.

October 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi glenno77,

Thank you for your response, please provide us the Monitor’s model number.
Also please let us know if you’re connecting the VGA cable or the HDMI cable to the monitor.
Before you could adjust the screen height and width to 45% what was the resolution set on the monitor and were the icons on the desktop screen larger or smaller.

Reply us with your findings.

9 Posts

October 21st, 2013 10:00

I have tried several monitors.  I now have a VIZIO model VX20L.  The icons were originally small.  It may have been with a different monitor though. Resolution is 1024x768.  I am now using the VGA.  I just switched from HDMI.  No difference in clarity.

9 Posts

October 21st, 2013 12:00

Well I guess it is all over now.  Neither monitor works VGA or HDMI.  Guess the board had a problem.  What do I do next???

October 22nd, 2013 06:00

Hi glenno77,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate that you’ve tried all possible troubleshooting steps.
Before we proceed for Motherboard we can also check if the issue is with the Operating system, you might backup the data and try reinstalling the Windows on your computer and check if that fixes the issue. Please click on the below link to restore the computer to factory reset which will take your computer to the day 1.
http://dell.to/1cbsm34

Note: Please backup the data before initiating the PC Restore.

let us know If this helps.

9 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 04:00

Dear Munawar,

What a great idea.  Unfortunately, if you recall, I don't have any video!

October 23rd, 2013 09:00

Hi glenno77,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, please click on the below link and check the hardware warranty of your computer
http://dell.to/1dFtXxL

Type in the Service tag, click on Warranty and if the computer’s within the hardware warranty please send us the Service tag of your computer on a private message,To send a private message, click on my user name and select send a Private Message and provide your service tag and contact information, If the computer’s out of warranty you may click on the below link for further assistance.
http://dell.to/1fpLpp8

9 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 11:00

I returned it to the store.  It was within their 14 day return policy.   I am concerned that I have some private info left on it which I couldn't get off because I lost video.  Can you make a note that it needs to be erased before reselling it?

October 24th, 2013 05:00

Hi glenno77,

Thank you for your response, most of the resellers will format the computer before selling it to other customers.
If you feel the data present in the hard drive is important and has to deleted, you can get in touch with a local technician from the retail store that you purchased. Usually anyone before handing the computer it is advised to format the hard drive and give it to the retail store.

9 Posts

October 24th, 2013 15:00

Oh I see.  The video doesn't work.  I can't reformat.  Duh!

October 27th, 2013 07:00

Hi glenno77,

We regret as due to NO video you couldn’t backup the data, As you’ve already handed the computer to the retail store, nothing to worry as mentioned previously they’ll re-format the computer before selling it to other customers.

Anything else let us know and we’ll be glad to assist.

No Events found!