Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2009 08:00

8400M GS is Downclocking

Hi all!

I have a XPS 1330M laptop. I have upgraded my Bios to A15 and using Nvidias new laptop drive 179,48 Beta för laptop. Its working great if you have a external screen that is HDMI supported. My new screen is a BenQ 2200HD with full HD support for 1080p and have a 16:9 ratio. Enough background on my computer and settings.

I do play games om my computer, but I have noticed that the 8400M is downclocking when the temp is going to high. The magical number is 104 degrees. I guess it's the Bios. Not very high number so I will recommend that you don't upgrade to A15 and stay at A12. I haven't tested A12 yet, but still find A14 and A15 to make the temp on the GPU idle at 78~85 degree. That's insane. A12 idle atleast below 70.

Well if you find a better drive, bios and temp setting. Do share this with me.

Tested with A12. There is some downclocking here aswell, but it only do it a little so you can play games with enough fps and more stable temp.

So If you have external screen and like to play games. Use A12 BIOS and 179.48 Drivers. HWMonitor for checking its temp to see if you notice the downclocking aswell.

No Responses!
No Events found!