Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2016 09:00

9010 USB 3 install problems

Hello,

I'm trying to install the USB 3 drivers on a Dell 9010.  This is a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 Enterprise. When I get to the point of installing Chipset Driver DD47R, I get an error stating "The setup program failed to install one or more device drivers."  I also tried to install the Extensible driver from Intel and get the same error.  If I try and add the driver manually, I get a 07E bluescreen. 

I have found an install order online, but some of the drivers or programs don't exist anymore.  These drivers worked last year, but when we did a refresh over the summer, the new ones I downloaded from Dell don't work.  Also, the ports work in a Linux install, so I know the hardware is working.  This problem is on all of our 9010s.  The bios is A23.  Thank you for your help.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

November 14th, 2016 14:00

Since you said BIOS is A23, I presume you have a 9010 and not a 9010 All-in-One. Correct? BTW: BIOS A24 is the latest for the 9010.

Did you install the Dell System Software Utility before you tried installing the chipsets? According to the installation notes for the DSSU on the 9010:

1. If you are reinstalling the operating system, it is important that this software be installed first.

So try installing DSSU and then, in order:

1. Intel Chipset Driver
  2. Intel Management Engine Components Installer Driver
  3. Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver
No Events found!