Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

December 29th, 2007 11:00

A525 Speaker System

I have been given a Dell A525 Subwoofer and two speakers.  After hooking them up to my Dell Inspirion 531 no sound comes out.  I can't find any drivers for them either.  They only connection appears to be the power (240 volt wall socket) an orange plug (looks similar to the monitor plug) into the back of the subwoofer and a green jack lead from this orange plug, which i connected to the green plug at the back of the PC.  Any ideas?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 29th, 2007 11:00

First, the speakers need the power supply connected to the mains as there is an audio power amplifier in the woofer. 

As far as connections, there should be a cable with a green plug and that plugs into the green speaker jack on the PC.  There should also be interconnecting cables that go to the small speakers.  I don't know exactly how they connect but they should either be color coded or have special connectors so they can only go into the mating socket. 

I've never seen a connection diagram on the Dell site so I can't point you to any documentation.

There are no drivers for the speakers. 

2 Posts

December 30th, 2007 19:00

Thanks for your help.  At least it made me re-check all connections, and I have to admit I then found the On switch! Feel a right berk!.
Thanks again

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 31st, 2007 09:00

Not a problem.  It's working. 

Cheers
No Events found!