Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2016 18:00

AC511 headphone issues

When I plug headphones into my AC511 soundbar, the sound is very distorted. It sounds almost like the background noise is very amplified, whereas the words I was trying to hear were drowned out. The soundbar without headphones seems to be working quite well. Any suggestions?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 30th, 2016 10:00

Apologies for not seeing your thread. Did you resolve this headphone issue? Test the AC511 in two ways and then test the headphones in the soundbar =

* Connect the attached USB cable to the USB extension cable, then to a USB port on the computer

* Connect the attached USB cable directly to the monitor USB downstream port. If available on the monitor, use the USB downstream port on the back/rear, not the bottom. Make sure that the monitor USB upstream cable is connected from the monitor to a USB port on the computer

2 Posts

March 30th, 2016 14:00

Chris,

I have had the same problem ever since I bought the AC511 sound bar in November of 2015. It works fine on it's own; but if you plug in head phones, the audio is quiet, muffled, and any music plays much louder than words. I often can't even hear the words.

I don't have a USB extension cable, so I tested the AC511 in the second way you listed and that did not solve the issue.

Please advise.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 30th, 2016 15:00

The USB extension cable should have come in the box?

Did you purchase this directly from Dell? Are you using it on one of the validated Dell monitors?

2 Posts

March 30th, 2016 15:00

I did purchase directly from Dell. I am using monitor model P2214H.

I don't remember getting a USB extension cable in the box... I wouldn't have thrown it away. Not sure.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 31st, 2016 07:00

Then you would have a Dell Order number. The AC511 has a 1 year warranty. Contact Dell Customer Service for your country. Provide to them your Dell Order number so that they can verify the warranty end date, your shipping address, email, and phone. They should then setup a refurbished exchange.

1 Message

December 23rd, 2017 10:00

Same issue. Speaker itself is fine. But pluging headphone into speaker is just plain static noise with some background sound. Currently directly pluging into pc.

Never got USB extension cable. Didn't buy it from Dell. And the monitor is U2414H.

No Events found!