Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2015 03:00

Attaching Dell USB Soundbar (AC511) to a Dell U2515H monitor

Hi,

I'm struggling to attach the soundbar to the computer. There are two cables in the box. On the picture it shows the short cable attached to the soundbar that slots into the monitor. Is the extension cable supposed to attach to the short extension cable attached to the soundbar or is that supposed to go in a separate slot. On the diagram in the instructions it looks like both cables need to be plugged in.

This might seem like a stupid question but it isn't clear in the instructions.

Thanks,

331 Posts

July 25th, 2015 12:00

Hi totleygirl,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

You will have to connect the USB Extension Cable to the computer USB port and the other end to the soundbar cable.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

1 Message

July 27th, 2015 10:00

Following up on your earlier reply, I have the U2715H monitor, I am trying to connect the USB extension cable from the monitor to the XPS8700, the instructions are unclear as the to port that should be used as none of the ports on the monitor or desktop appear to be able to accept the larger of the USB connections - what am I missing here - many thanks for your help

331 Posts

July 29th, 2015 08:00

Hi Boeing175,

If your connecting the USB up stream cable, to use the USB ports on the monitor. Please connect the one end of the USB to the computer and the other end to the monitor (port #9). Please refer to the pictures below.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

1 Message

December 15th, 2015 09:00

Hi Team,

I just got AC511 ordered via Amazon and there was no USB extension cable in the box. If I connect soundbar directly to the computer instead of mine U2415 it works but I guess it shouldn't be like that, right?

Could you please advise me how can I get missing USB extension cable?

TIA

Rafal

No Events found!