Spi9
1 Copper

RE: Attention: Unsupported Video Configuration Detected

I solved the "Unsupported Video" error on Dell Optiplex 760 by updating BIOS from A03 to A16
- The error occurred every time I tried to use the integrated VGA output (instead of the DVI output PCI-e add-on card)
- The A03 BIOS had an option for selecting the integrated VGA, but disabled that automatically, every time it detected the PCIe card.

So the "Unsupported Video" error was a bug in the A03 BIOS, in my case.

0 Kudos
bfoa
1 Copper

I was having the exact same problem!  I wanted to use both the add-in card and the onboard video processor to achieve dual screens.  I kept getting the message at the top.  I updated the bios and everything, nothing helped.  So I figured I would do just as you did and put in an actual dual monitor card.  

As I was pondering this, I began to wonder if the card in there was already a dual-monitor card.  Some dual monitor cards that use DVI require a splitter cable.  So it isn't completely obvious that they are dual monitor unless you closely inspect the receptor configuration.  There is a BIG difference between dual and mono output DVI.  Sure enough, it was dual DVI.  Then I began to wonder if this was the actual cause of the whole problem.  It isn't that your computer doesn't support using both the onboard and off-board processors simutaneously, its that it doesn't support 3 video outputs!

To test this, I put in a single DVI output card and................ works like a charm!  Further, I looked up the card that you mentioned would not work and it too is a dual output DVI.  So you could have just bought the splitter cable for $20.  But sometimes they are just expensive as the cards.  Anyway, mystery solved as far as I am concerned.

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

DVI is digital and there are no splitters.  LFH is not a splitter but rather a dual Monitor connection that can be DUAL VGA or DUAL DVI-D.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
hano
1 Copper

I'm having the same problem.  But my "add in" card is a TV Tuner Card (Hauppauge TV Tuner OEM WinTV-HVR-1250 Low Profile 79661) plugged into PCIe port of Dell Optiplex 745.  It does not have any VGA or DVI ports.  Suggestions?

0 Kudos
dnlibe
1 Copper

Sir/Ma, I am using DEL Desktop Computer (OPTIPLEX 745), of a sudden i got this message and my computer refused to boot to windows, and i tried unplugging the GVA cable from the system and plunged it back yet the message still appears.  The message is:

System halted!
Attention: Unsupported Video Configuration Detected

Action is Required

This computer has an add-in graphics card, but the monitor is plugged
into the integrated video connector.
To attach the monitor cable to the add-in graphics card:

1. Shut down the computer
2. Plug the monitor cable into the add-in graphics card connector.
This may require a video adapter or video adapter cable.
(provided with the system)
3. Turn on the computer.

This message should not appear after completing these steps.
For more information or help, please refer to the system documentation

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

You cannot use the Built onto the system VGA connector when there is a card in the X16 Video slot.

here

speedstep
6 Thallium

I'm having the same problem.  But my "add in" card is a TV Tuner Card (Hauppauge TV Tuner OEM WinTV-HVR-1250 Low Profile 79661) plugged into PCIe port of Dell Optiplex 745.  It does not have any VGA or DVI ports.  Suggestions?

You cannot use the PCI-E X16 slot for cards that are NOT Video cards.

here

eailudg
1 Copper

I also solved the problem of identifying the second monitor by downloading and installing Radeon HD graphics drivers from Dell Support website. Make sure to download and install all the updates. 

Katt and mouse
1 Copper

KJSTECH,

I have a Dell Optiplex GX280 and I have this random add-in video card that I found in the desktop when my mom used to have it, it didn't show that message at all. Also how did you update from A09 to A14?

Plus I have 1 HP vs 17e 17" Flat-Panel LCD Monitor and a Dell 17"  ultrasharp monitor. The hp supports VGA only and the Dell supports VGA and DVI-I. So I use the HP for the VGA and the Dell for the DVI-I. Is that good or bad?

0 Kudos
Meinardo
1 Copper

Hello Daybarr,

Thank you so  much for posting that  tutorial to fix one of the sources of that error message. l have a Dell XPS 8700 which original mother board died after I came home from a three-week travel. With the new mother board when I  turn it on it can't boot but instead  I get that "Configuration error...." This desktop has a VGA  and a DVI ports only in the video card. I have the primary monitor (View Sonic) connected to the DVI port and the secondary (HP) to the VGA port, I get the error and the computes does not boot up. I disconnected the DVI cable, turn on the computer and it booted up okay. Then I connected the DVI cable and the monitor worked okay. Nevertheless, when I finished working today, I turned off the computer. Two hours later when I turned up the computer again, with the two cables connected it did not boot up, instead I got this error. Therefore I need to do something else to fix this problem.

Is there a Bios set up for the video card? Do I need to install a driver for the View Sonic monitor?

I would appreciate very much your support!

Regards,

Meinardo

0 Kudos