Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

November 8th, 2001 00:00

BIOS error 8602

Hi

Does anyone know what device having problem in error 8602 - AUXILARY DEVICE FAIL when power on the Dell. It happen four times and the first 3 corrupted the BIOS date and time and disable the mouse, the last one happen tonight and I pressed the PAUSE quick enough to stop the message from disappearing. This time it only disable the mouse, BIOS date and time were not affected.

I have Dell 8100, 1.3GHz.

Thanks in advance.

Frankie

November 9th, 2001 20:00

Frankie,

Thank you for visiting DELLTalk.

No sure what device may cause this message, if you have added any hardware since you received the system I would start by removing added items and see if the issue continues.

If the problem persists, please contact Dell Technical Support via e-mail for personalized assistance.

November 9th, 2001 22:00

Stephen,

I've call Dell technical support, based on the error code, they told me that the motherboard need be replaced(something to do with the motherboard and the mouse). The montherboard has been replaced tonight. Hope the problem will not occur again.

Thanks for you help.

Frankie

November 12th, 2001 14:00

Frankie,

Thanks for the update, I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please drop a line to DellTalk.

Thank you for visiting DELLTalk.

1 Message

October 17th, 2008 10:00

Hi This problem started when doughter used safely remove hardware icon at bottom of computer to remove her mp3 player it keeps coming up eigther Error8602 or just a - at top of screen tried everything  from disconnecting all devices hard drive disc drive dvd and floppy to the mother board

After doing the mother board diconect the system now reconizes the hard drive of 250gb but still wont boot into windows

Please Help I want my computer Back I am tiered of sharing kids computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Events found!