Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2010 11:00

Blue screen error crash, message Stop 0x00000116

I play this game World of Warcraft and i only get the message when i try to play this game. I know it is my display driver and i have no clue on what to do to fix my pc. I have a Windows Vista Premium Home Edition.

27 Posts

December 21st, 2010 08:00

The error is 0x00000116

3 Posts

November 20th, 2012 16:00

I am getting a blue screen and the same error code "0x00000116" after waking computer from hibernation.  I have disabled the sleep mode and the problem is not occurring anymore.  How do I fix this problem so that I can enable the sleep mode again?  Cheers. 

1.8K Posts

November 20th, 2012 17:00

Hi,

Could you please let me know if you get this error message while using a specific application.

It appears to be an issue with Video driver of your computer. You can uninstall and re install the video drivers of your computer following the steps below and see if it makes any difference:  

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Display adapters”, you will find the video driver listed.
  • Right click on it and click on “uninstall”. (Check and make a note of the driver installed on your system and re-install the driver from the below steps accordingly).
  • Check the box to delete the software.
  • Restart your system and click on the below link:http://dell.to/OukFUO 
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system. 
  • You will find the video driver under “Video”. 
  • Click on the video driver depending on the video card your system has. (Install the same video driver which you uninstalled from “Device Manager”. 
  • Click on “Download File”. 
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”. 
  • Click on “Download Now”. 
  • Save the driver on your desktop. 
  • Once the driver is saved on desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”. 
  • Install the video driver by following the on screen instructions. 
  • Check if the issue is resolved or not. If the issue still persists, update the system BIOS.

Note: Make sure the ac adapter is connected and the battery is charged 10% or above to update the BIOS. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.

• Click on the below link: http://dell.to/OukFUO 
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system. 
  • Go to “BIOS” and click on the BIOS available. 
  • Click on “Download File”. 
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”. 
  • Click on “Download Now”. 
  • Save the BIOS on your desktop. 
  • Once the BIOS is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”. 
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.  

If the issue still persists, you can run a diagnostic test on your computer to check the hardware functionality. You can follow the steps below to run the hardware diagnostics on your computer:

• Please restart the system.
  • As soon as you see the blue Dell logo, start tapping the ‘F12’ key which is at the top of the keyboard.

NoteIf you wait too long and the Microsoft Windows appears, then continue to wait until you see the Windows desktop. Now shutdown your computer and try again.

• After tapping ‘F12’ key then a new window would appear. Now using the down arrow key highlight the “Boot to utility partition” and press ‘Enter’.

Note: (If Boot to the Utility partition option is not there then you will have a “Diagnostics” option to select which starts the diagnostics directly.)

• When you get a prompt 'Were color bars displayed?’. Press 'Y' in case the color bars are displayed else press 'N'.
  • Continue running the test till you get a message: No errors found so far. Would you like to continue the remaining memory steps? It might take more than 30 minutes. Press 'N' and restart the computer.

Please make a note of error if any and reply with the findings.

3 Posts

November 21st, 2012 14:00

Thanks for the reply,

I have done all three things you have described below - Uninstalled and re-installed the driver, updated the BIOS, and run a diagnostic with no errors found.  Although I have not yet had the blue screen appear after hibernation, the computer now just freezes.  This occurs about 15-30 seconds after awaking from hibernation only.  At no other time do I have this issue.  Applications open at the time are Google Chrome, MSN Messenger, and Skype.  All of these application I have used prior to this problem occurring.

Any other suggestions?

I have tried to attach a picture of my blue screen details but this forum doesn't seem to allow it.

Thank you.

Cheers

1.8K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 03:00

Hi,

You can follow the steps below to disable hibernation then restart the system and then enable hibernation and see if it works. 

You can run a Microsoft Fix It for the same as well. 

To disable hibernation on Windows: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9739871   

• Click on the link.
  • Save the file.
  • Double click on the file and follow the prompts on screen
  • Restart the system

To enable hibernation on Windows : http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9739870 

Follow the same prompts as above. In case the Fix it does not work, you can try it manually following the steps below:

To make hibernation unavailable, follow these steps:

1. Click ‘Start‘, and then type ‘cmd‘ in the ‘Start Search‘ box.
  2. In the search results list, right-click ‘Command Prompt‘, and then click ‘Run as Administrator‘.
  3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click ‘Continue‘.
  4. At the command prompt, type ‘powercfg.exe /hibernate off‘, and then press ENTER.
  5. Type ‘exit‘ and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.  

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

1. Click ‘Start‘, and then type ‘cmd‘ in the ‘Start Search‘ box.
  2. In the search results list, right-click ‘Command Prompt‘, and then click ‘Run as Administrator‘.
  3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click ‘Continue‘.
  4. At the command prompt, type ‘powercfg.exe /hibernate on‘, and then press ENTER.
  5. Type ‘exit‘ and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.  

Observe the system and check if the issue still persists. 

Please reply with findings. 

3 Posts

November 24th, 2012 12:00

Thanks for assisting again Chinmay,

I have done the additional suggestions you have provided but the problem still persists.  I have turned the time frame for hibernation to NEVER, as I have done before, and the problem no longer presents itself.  This is not a solution mind you but it prevents further crashes from occurring.   Any other suggestions are welcomed.  Thanks again.

Cheers.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 26th, 2012 10:00

The VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000116.

This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

AKA GPU Overheated and locked up.

0x000000116 nvlddmkm.sys

0x000000116  ATIKMDAG.sys

I would suggest getting the directx June 2010 patch and install.

then use the Network install Version of Service pack 1 and then Service pack 2.

Install each one then restart seperately.

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) - Microsoft

www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Get the latest service pack for free

The latest service pack for Windows Vista is Service Pack 2 (SP2). To install Windows Vista SP2, you must first have SP1 installed.

Get older service packs for free

Support for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) ended on July 12, 2011. Learn more.

What's included

1 Message

July 31st, 2013 06:00

Hye. I already uninstall the driver at display section. And when i want to re-install, there's stated that it can't find the driver. So what should i do next?

No Events found!