Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2012 14:00

Buzzing/vibrating fan noise in Dell 2320 all in one

The buzzing sound is driving me nuts.  Can I take off the back of the computer and possibly do something to stop the noise?

2 Posts

December 24th, 2012 15:00

Tried both and it still makes the buzzing noise.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 24th, 2012 15:00

Hi synbady2k,

It would be annoying when the fan buzzes.  I suggest you to clean the air vents with a can of compressed air. You may also update the BIOS and check if it fixes the issue. The latest BIOS can be downloaded from the following link:
http://dell.to/Vsb9Um

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 26th, 2012 11:00

Hi synbady2k,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update. I’d suggest that you run the custom diagnostics on the computer by

following the steps mentioned below

1. Restart the computer.
2. As the computer boots, press when the Dell Splash Screen appears.
3. When the Boot menu appears, highlight the Boot to Utility Partition option, or the Diagnostics option and then press to start the 32-bit Dell Diagnostics.
Note: In some cases PSA Diagnostics will run first. If you receive an error during PSA diagnostics continue onto 32-bit Diagnostics, Press N for No when it asks you to Continue Memory Tests.
4. Press the key to highlight ‘Custom Test’ Press to continue to 32-bit Diagnostics and select the Fan test.

Please let me know about your findings.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

January 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hi synbady2k, unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to the post.

No Events found!