Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2011 10:00

C521 amber power light

I need helps guys.

My 4 years old C521 computer suddenly having trouble to boot.  Only a steady amber light (orange) show up with the power button. NO diagnostic lights indicated means it has good power supplied but computer still cant start.  I have no other expansion card.  So I test the RAM... took in and off those rams to test it. Yet it failed to start as well. This problem actually happened few times quite sometime ago... it comes and goes... usually when this happen, i re-on the power button it will then boot but NOT this time. This time really cant boot... no beeps sound, no display... I can only hear the fan is running very loudly and can see the orange LED light show up on the motherboard.... and im sure my monitor is working fine because when the switch is ON there is a DELL wording appear on my monitor.

Any idea what's going wrong to my computer? Is it motherboard? 

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

August 28th, 2011 12:00

Your manual HERE says you have problems with your PSU. If you have a spare PSU, try that one.

Solid Amber

A pre-POST failure has occurred. The system has received a Power Good signal from the power supply.

See Diagnostic Lights <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> for more information.

If this does not resolve your problem, contact Dell. For information about contacting Dell, see your Owner's Manual.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2013 09:00

I am having the same issue with a co workers PC. I got a new MOBO, then a new processor, but the problem persists. I also tried another working power supply, but the problem still happens.

My last ditch effort is to get a new front IO / USB panel from ebay. If that solves the issue, I will post here again.

No Events found!