August 7th, 2016 02:00

Can't get audio to work ... Says speakers are not plugged in

Dell Inspirion 3847

Windows 8.1 - 64 bit

Intel core i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz

8.00 GB RAM

Speakers: Logitech S120

Headphones: Skullcandy Uproar

Hey all, So i've been fighting with my computer for hours tonight, I just cant seem to figure out what is going wrong here, I'm about to go crazy lol

I can't get audio to work at all, I'm getting no sound coming from my computer. Just a few days ago my audio was working perfectly fine.... I'll give you a list of whats wrong and everything I've tried, I have tried google searching and trying just about everything, to no avail.

Before I tried all of this, I did a full factory restore on my computer, just to make sure I didn't mess up some settings somewhere or something.. Which it was restored back to Windows 8.1. Still nothing had changed when i did a reset, I was getting the same error message as before.

My speaker icon in the bottom right displays a red "X" Icon, and when I double click the icon is says "Detecting Problems" Then pops up with "The peripheral does not appear to be plugged in. Check the connection.  Proceed to next step to finish." I've included a screenshot below.

I was told to update all my audio drivers, which I went to the dell website and downloaded the RealTek driver specifically for my inspirion, installed it then restarted my computer as prompted and it didn't fix it.

I was then told to uninstall all my audio drivers and restart my computer, which I just did, I included a screenshot below of what my audio drivers display now. Still no sound coming from my computer, still the same error message.

I was then told to press F2 at start up and check my BIOS to make sure my onboard sound was set to enabled, which it is. I pressed F9 to restore all defaults and then proceeded to boot my computer, still nothing changed.

If anyone could help me out with this I would be SO HAPPY! Thank you,

https://s7.postimg.org/lenjzkbvv/TS1.png

https://s8.postimg.org/51mcux3x1/TS2.png

1 Message

August 8th, 2016 11:00

I'm having the same problem!  Very frustrating.  I have an Inspiron 3252 running Windows 10.  All my drivers are up to date.  Can anyone provide a solution?

20 Posts

September 28th, 2016 11:00

I just had this problem.  My speaker was connected to the front panel audio out jack. I moved the speaker to the rear audio output jack, and the sound came on.

No Events found!