Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2012 22:00

Changing hardware? Voiding warranty ? Dell xps 8500

Ok, so i was wondering. I wanted to change the power supply (Psu) in my dell xps 8500 and i didnt know if that voided the warranty or what? Or does it just not cover that item. Only the ones it came with? It didnt say anything about it in the warranty manual and i couldnt find anything about it, but I didnt want to spend $100 on one and then not be able to use it, because i dont want to void the warranty someone help.. please

September 18th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

Please confirm if you are facing any issues with the power supply on the system? Elaborate on the issue so that I can assist you better,  and if the system is in warranty the power supply can be replaced if found faulty.

However, if you replace it from a local store the warranty donot covers the third party power supply.
You can check the warranty status of your system on the Dell's support site by inserting the system Service Tag. Please follow this link http://dell.to/PtmR18

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 19th, 2012 11:00

Dell's warranty only covers the hardware Dell shipped in the system. So if you install other hardware and the system has issues, Dell will not troubleshoot the PC until you remove the other hardware and reinstall the original (shipped) hardware.

4.4K Posts

May 29th, 2013 05:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                        

No Events found!