This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2016 16:00

DELL VOSTRO 3250 USB not work Legacy mode ko

hi

I buy several DELL Vostro 3250 w10pro  for office

I 've update win10 to last version

I 've update driver/bios with DELL update

I found this problem:

- front USB (3.0) works only with keyboard and mouse... not works with pendrive and hdd box

- if I try to put Legacy mode instead of UEFI  in BIOS or with F12 at boot  the pc stop to works (black screen, hdd not blink).... I try to reset cmos with jumper and remove the battery  but pc never start again

can you help me?

10 Posts

August 1st, 2016 09:00

nobody can help me?

I try to contact DELL tech support  a week ago, they can't solve

very bad assistence

very bad pc...

they have built  desktops that become unusablea if set  "LEGACY MODE"  to boot with DVD

ABSURD!!!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2016 14:00

Apologies that you have not received a response from our users. If the system shipped with Windows 10, than the Bios should be set to UEFI. When booting from any USB device, the setting should be changed to Legacy. Of course, this means that the factory installed image will be removed. You will need to start over from scratch. You might need to check the Boot Option Priorities and the Set Boot Priority.

Are those devices USB 3.0? Did you test the pendrive and hdd box on the rear USB 2.0 ports?

10 Posts

August 1st, 2016 15:00

as I  wrote  is impossible reset to UEFI  mode  because the  PC are unusable:   BLACK  SCREEN,

no DELL logo, no BIOS access F2....    I tried  also with jumper reset   CMOS and remove battery, nothing,  black screen ....

I have a lot of Vostro 3250 but I can't crash all , for the moment 2  PC are ko  after   I set  "LEGACY MODE"    

the usb issue is a secondary problem....

the pendrive/hdd are 2.0  works on  other pc and rear port  

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2016 06:00

"if I try to put Legacy mode instead of UEFI in BIOS or with F12 at boot"

I find it hard to believe that by simply moving it to "Legacy" has broken the motherboard. Regardless, contact Dell Technical Support and get those motherboards exchanged.

10 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 15:00

I found the problem :  in LEGACY MODE  works ONLY with  HDMI cable ,  not  with VGA cable...  

very strange bug

I tried different lcd (dell, samsung) same result the monitor remain black with VGA cable when I switch to legacy mode  (no signal)....and system doesn't boot because there is  a message that indicate a  cmos error (that I cant' see with vga cable - black screen .... )  

technical support is very awful: I opened  the ticket a week ago, today I explain them that   the problem is VGA output with legacy mode and they told me to verify that the monitor is in VGA mode

after a week this is the support??? I'm not stupid.... I know that if use VGA output I need to set lcd with VGA/analogic .....I tried more than one lcd and the lcd are the same that in uefi mode works

10 Posts

September 2nd, 2016 11:00

the problem partially solve with last BIOS manually upgrade (because the software update not find last BIOS version)

but remain the frontal USB problem that sometimes not find pendrive...is not a big problem user use the back USB port

Recently I buy another Vostro3650... similar problem with VGA cable:  when start pc with HDMI cable  work perfeclty but  when use  VGA cable  I need wait about 60sec (BLACK screen) than the pc start to load win10

this DELL DESKTOP have some problems, are not perfect pc....

No Events found!