Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 28th, 2017 11:00

DELL XPS 8500 Desktop computer : cannot install integrated Intel Video Drivers?

Hello.

I have downloaded drivers for my system Dell XPS 8500 Desktop and for my Operating System Windows 8.1 64bit, but when I try to install the drivers I receive: 
"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software". Strange? what is it? I get the exact same error if I try to install the drivers from the DVD supplied with drivers from the box that came with the computer.

I checked also about the Chipset driver. The driver for Intel H77 Chipset. I cannot install that one neither. Not from the download page DELL website, not from the DVD supplied with the PC. I get the following error on that chipset driver: "File copying was no successful. Setup will now exit.". So it is like the Intel Chipset and the Intel HD graphics are not visible and not detected.

Please help.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 28th, 2017 12:00

I usually see that if the driver is 32-bit and you try to install on 64-bit or vice versa.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 28th, 2017 13:00

When installing drivers after a fresh install of OS, you need to install the chipset driver first.

December 28th, 2017 13:00

May be the driver is 32bit and I am trying to install 64?

Actually, I just looked now. Drop down menu allows me to select only 64bit Operating Systems.

December 28th, 2017 14:00

It's not a fresh install of OS.

December 28th, 2017 14:00

I also have problems installing the drivers for the Chipset Intel H77. It says "File copying was no successful. Setup will now exit."

December 28th, 2017 16:00

Is it possible that my Intel Chipset has partially failed and this is a result of the failure? that I cannot see integrated HD video?

No Events found!