Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 5th, 2007 01:00

DIMENSION 5100C

So my computer wont boot up, the green light on the inside continues to stay on and the power button just is a blinking yellow. The fan wont start, at first i thought that the problem was with the power supply so i just got a new one. Yet the same thing continues and the my Dimension 1500C still wont work, not even the diagnostic lights blink, so at this point i have no direction.At this point im thinking i may have a possible BIOS failure yet im not sure.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

May 5th, 2007 02:00

If you replaced the power supply correctly, but the power button blinks amber and the diagnostic LEDs don't light up, then -according to the owners manual- either a system board failure has occurred, or a possible pre-BIOS failure has occurred.

Some things to try:
Disconnect PC from any power strip, surge protector or uninterrupted power supply. Plug the PC directly into a good wall outlet.

Unplug the tower from the mains before you do any work inside the case. Remove the battery from the motherboard, press and hold the power button on the tower for ~15 sec, replace the battery (right side up!) and try to boot.

If that doesn't help, unplug the data cables from optical and floppy drives, and any secondary hard drives; leave the boot hard drive connected. Also remove all PCI cards except the video card. Remove all memory modules, except the one in slot 1. If it still won't boot, swap the RAM modules until you've tried all of them in slot 1. Read this for details about RAM modules and their slots:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim5100c/sm/parts.htm#wp1075549

And if none of that helps, it sounds like you might need a new motherboard. :(

Ron

Message Edited by RoHe on 05-04-2007 09:04 PM

1 Message

June 16th, 2012 06:00

problema con mi cd rom no trabaja ni aparese en la pc

No Events found!