Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2010 09:00

Defective Capacitors 2009 machine.

I am a tech working on a customers computer.  He purchased 3 Dell Vostro 420.  The one he brought in has defective capacitors.  It was built in July of 2009 so is now out of warranty.  Why has dell not fixed the capasitor issue yet.  I used to recomend Dell, but after seeing this. . .  I have to reconsider other options.  Is Dell still installing defective capacitors intentionally?  Will Dell take care of this "Known Issue" even out of warranty?  I am very disappointed.

2 Posts

Thank you for the reply.  I hope others will keep this in concideration on issues such as boot problems.  Dell is still using defective capacitors on new machines.  This was addressed years ago.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

I am a tech working on a customers computer.  He purchased 3 Dell Vostro 420.  The one he brought in has defective capacitors.  It was built in July of 2009 so is now out of warranty.  Why has dell not fixed the capasitor issue yet.  I used to recomend Dell, but after seeing this. . .  I have to reconsider other options.  Is Dell still installing defective capacitors intentionally?  Will Dell take care of this "Known Issue" even out of warranty?  I am very disappointed.

4NeR

The forum is user to user, not user to Dell, you need to contact Dell directly about the capacitor issue.

Bev.

No Events found!