Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2011 06:00

Dell 5650 speakers & win 7

No matter what I do I can't seem to get my DELL 5.1 5650 speakers working on Windows 7.

I have a Creative X-Fi Titanium HD sound card.

How do I get these speakers to work?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 4th, 2011 07:00

What model PC?  Did the Xfi come with the PC or was it added later?  If it was added later did you disable the on board (Integrated) audio in the Setup? so it won't conflict with the Xfi.

The first thought, are the speakers connected correctly?  Second, check the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel. In the Playback section your Xfi should be set as the Default playback device and then click speakers to configure for 5.1.

2 Posts

October 4th, 2011 07:00

The PC is not a DELL machine. I previously had a DELL machine to which the speakers were connected. But I recently bought a new PC to which I am wanting to connect the 5650 speakers.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 4th, 2011 08:00

They connect the same as you did with the Dell.  The speakers are not PC or Operating System specific - they will work with any 5.1 capable PC.  Why the other (not a Dell) will not work?  If my suggestions above do not help, you need to contact the PC vendor or Creative (Soundblaster).  

You can download the 5650 manual HERE.  That's about all we can do to help you with the problem.

No Events found!