Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 1st, 2008 00:00

Dell 630i fixes???

Where are the fixes that dell is supposed to be working on have they moved on to other problems and just let them go because they can't fix them or are they having more problems with the other systems that are being sold and don't have the time or resources to work on them (seems like past lies more stall's and i wish this would die)

513 Posts

October 1st, 2008 01:00

My recollection is that the HDD overactive light issue is the only remaining fix to appear.

475 Posts

October 1st, 2008 07:00

I remember quite a while back, Dell claimed to have fixes almost weekly. Yet the problems were still evident in forum posts. Seems to still be the case. If Dell has fixes as they claim and the fixes do not work for a system, Dell should replace all systems that their Fixes do not work on. Sounds to me like the particular systems are Lemons and Dell Tech Support/ Customer Support should rectify the problem systems and quit trying to get the customers to make Lemonade and just be content with it.

Sean

23 Posts

October 1st, 2008 13:00

Hey Chris I got my XPS 630 from Best Buy and it looks like my HDD is fixed. Does not go crazy on the flashing and also when i put in my games in the cd try they dont pop up. So auto run was disable from the start. That was one of the fixes I read that you could do right.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

shdbcamping1,
If Dell has fixes as they claim and the fixes do not work for a system, Dell should replace all systems that their Fixes do not work on.
* These kinds of statements crack me up because they do not accomplish anything. No, we are not going to replace all systems. Be realistic. The only outstanding issue that I know of is the HDD LED. The fix is still in testing. The latest ESA software does what is designed to do. If those customers are still having ESA issues, start over completely, reinstall the operating system, drivers, etc. Don't load any games or personal software until you test the ESA software.

bfowlkes,
* Wrong. Crossfire worked in my XPS 630 using the retail and the Dell drivers and the Dell ATI Radeon HD 3870s.

75 Posts

Crossfire support also hasn't been fixed.  It only works with Dell proprietary drivers, which they only put out for the model of ATI cards that Dell sells.  If you have another model then you are out of luck.  Retail drivers won't enable Crossfire with any card, unlike Dell claims in their "630i Responses" post.

475 Posts

October 1st, 2008 15:00

DELL-Chris M,

"If those customers are still having ESA issues, start over completely, reinstall the operating system, drivers, etc. Don't load any games or personal software until you test the ESA software."

That is not a problem for me and never was... once or twice. How many times would Dell deem as "excessive"? I never had to do that with my DIM8200 and I threw upgrades at it tons over 8 years. These owners (me included) are having to do this with a simple Software or HW install. If the vast majority of 630i's work flawlessly, as I'm sure they do, what is the reason for the "Lemon's" problems if not the box. Dell is making a lot of headway and seems to have got it under control... except for a minute few systems. You know I follow the saga, and Dell has got it much more under control. So much so that I may buy one as a dedicated Folding machine. But to say that the one's that still don't work are not a Dell problem would be even more rediculous.

Dell gets KUDOS from me for their progress! SERIOUSLY! But, not Refund asked for, just a resolution for the lemon holder... New Box, new parts whatever, just have TS drop all the hoops in trying to get systems working right. I don't think that's asking to much.

Sean

Edit: I've mellowed, Dell has been doing a much better job... I think this might be time for a "Group Hug". That's what my Therapist would say anyway...:smileywink:

Message Edited by shdbcamping1 on 10-01-2008 12:30 PM
No Events found!