Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 16th, 2017 15:00

Dell Data Safe Vault running wild

I had a call today to investigate an Inspiron 530 Windows 10 running very slowly. This is a PC I had setup and had been running well. Task Manager showed Data Safe Vault stealing 95% of processor time and continuously. An 'End Task' instruction was ignored. I looked for this program in 'Programs and Features' and it wasn't present. The only option was to delete the Vault folder from Program Files. Some of this refused to be deleted as some files were in use. A re-boot cleared these and I was able to delete the Vault folder. The PC now runs normally. Can someone explain what on earth may have been happening and why couldn't delete the task or install. I'm unimpressed that a Dell program should have put the PC in this unusable state. I manage 50 Dell PCs and not come across this problem before.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 17th, 2017 05:00

I think you'll find Dell DataSafe isn't desgined to run under Windows 10 -- it was replaced by Dell Backup and Recovery quite some time ago - -and even that's no longer supported under Windows 10.

22 Posts

July 17th, 2017 05:00

Hi. Thanks for the reply and that may explain it. There are too many of these Dell bits of software.

No Events found!