Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

June 22nd, 2007 02:00

Dell Dimension 3000 Temperature Monitor

Hello everyone,
I am trying to find a temperature monitor for my CPU in my Dimension 3000. I have searched these forums and one gentleman asked the same question and somehow got SiSoft Sandra to monitor his temperature of the same board. I have the newest BIOS for the board (A02) and I even installed a ThermalTake copper heatsink which has the temperature monitor on the bottom and Everest Speedfan and Sandra detect no temperatures. This is driving me nuts because I am really curious to know what this Northwood 3.0 w HT is running at! Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Randy O.

12.7K Posts

June 22nd, 2007 03:00

There are no software monitors that will work on a Dell.

13 Posts

June 22nd, 2007 05:00

Gotcha, thanks. New board ordered tonight. Needed a board with AGP anyhow. Thanks again :)

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2007 09:00

If you are getting a Retail motherboard, good luck as you will need to modify the case and rear panel to accept the board, rewire the front panel power connector and get a Retail copy of the Operating System.

13 Posts

June 22nd, 2007 17:00

It's no problem, in fact I am using a different case for this new board. Even if so the things you mention as a hassle are very simple to fix.  I have everything from OEM and retail copies of XP down to HDD Led connections coming out of my ears.  The thing is that I was given this D3000 from a customer of mine and  after reading that a couple other people have somehow gotten temperature readings with the stock board, I was determined to figure out why it wouldn't on this computer. The reason for the new board is that I gave the D3000 to my wife and lately she has been complaining about wanting to play games. Even though it only accepts PCI cards, we stripped all of the other PCI cards out of the case and ran a X1300PCI hoping to at least give her playable last gen games, of which the quality is very poor. I also ran across a Northwood 3Ghz 800 MHz FSB P4, 2 GB of PC3200 and this Thermaltake heatsink over the past couple of weeks, so they were also thrown in the case. Her games still. play horribly even at really low quality settings, so the PCI is definately holding her back. I have a couple cases lying around (aftermarket) that should fit the bill for her new board. I hope this explains in full what's going on. I guess we should close this thread eh? Thank s again for your help everyone. I hope to see you on the boards!

Randy O.
No Events found!