Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2016 17:00

Dell Inspiron 530 issue

So i'm having a bit issues with my inspiron 530 desktop. My computer has been working fine until I decided to switch my current power supply. I got the other power supply from my other pc which I do not use anymore. After plugging cables in my pc turned on by itself and then turned off after a split second. After that it didn't turn on. I switched back to my other power supply which was working fine. My results was that my pc turns on itself when the power cord is plugged into the wall. Now there is no display shown but everything was working fine before. Also, the power button does not work either after. Im not sure if everything is plugged in properly. Can anyone show me the inside of their inspiron 530? Please help!

November 10th, 2016 08:00

Hi itsmetri,

Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.

Is there any other activity on the system like fan spinning or hard drive been read?

Do you have another monitor to try?

please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 10th, 2016 12:00

So i'm having a bit issues with my inspiron 530 desktop. My computer has been working fine until I decided to switch my current power supply. I got the other power supply from my other pc which I do not use anymore. After plugging cables in my pc turned on by itself and then turned off after a split second. After that it didn't turn on. I switched back to my other power supply which was working fine. My results was that my pc turns on itself when the power cord is plugged into the wall. Now there is no display shown but everything was working fine before. Also, the power button does not work either after. Im not sure if everything is plugged in properly. Can anyone show me the inside of their inspiron 530? Please help!

itsmetri

Assuming that you have the 530 Mini Tower [MT] and not the 530s slimline version.

Is the power button LED, Steady Blue, Blinking Blue, Steady Amber, Blinking Amber, or off?

Are there any 'Beeps', or error messages, if there are, please post the exact text of the message and/or the sequence of the 'Beeps' [see page 86]?

Does the power supply fan run?

Is there a discrete graphics card installed, or are you using the integrated graphics?

The Inspiron 530 MT Manual with the Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Codes are here:

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-530_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

Details of the power supply are on page 120.  The P2 4-pin connector is connected to the motherboard's [see pages 112/113] power for cpu (ATX_CPU) #29 and the P1 24-pin connector is connected to the motherboard's (ATX_POWER) #7. 

Bev.

6 Posts

November 10th, 2016 13:00

Indeed I do have the 530 Mini Tower. There are no lights glowing from the

button but on the motherboard there's a orange light. When there are no ram sticks on the board there's no beep anymore. I figured the Pc just isnt starting the way it's supposed to.

6 Posts

November 10th, 2016 13:00

Also and yes the power supply fan runs, perfectly fine. The graphic card is also fine.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 10th, 2016 18:00

Indeed I do have the 530 Mini Tower. There are no lights glowing from the

button but on the motherboard there's a orange light. When there are no ram sticks on the board there's no beep anymore. I figured the Pc just isnt starting the way it's supposed to.

itsmetri

Reinstall the memory, then reboot the 530 and check the diagnostic's 'Beeps'.

This series of beeps, called a beep code, that helps to identify a problem, see pages 86/87 and post back.

Bev.

6 Posts

November 11th, 2016 05:00

The main problem is that the PC automatically turns on when connected to the wall. I can't click the power button to turn it off either.

6 Posts

November 11th, 2016 09:00

Im so sorry, it's an Inspiron 518 desktop and my problem is when I plug the power cord into the pc it automatically turns itself on

14 Posts

December 10th, 2016 13:00

Make sure sure the four pin connector is plugged into the mobo if the mono has one.

This has worked on other Dell computers and may work for you: use the original PSU; unplug the power cord; press and hold the start button; plug in the power cord and see if it works.

No Events found!