Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 16th, 2016 08:00

Dell Inspiron One 2020 Motherboard Replacement

I'm trying to replace the motherboard in my AIO, Dell Inspiron One 2020. Since I've never done anything like this before, I'm following the User Manual exactly. I just ran into my first problem. The manual simply says "Disconnect all the cables from their connectors on the system board.' Well, that's not been as easy for me as it sounds. I'm hoping someone with prior experience will reply with a tip, trick or suggestion. My problem is I can't get the cables out of the connectors on the motherboard. With the exception of the hard drive and optical drive cables, there's not much to get hold of. I don't see any mechanical catches that need to be released. I assume I should not pull on the wires, just the male connector that is attached to the wires. I assume I should not use tools, but I'm considering the use of needle nose pliers, unless someone can offer me a better suggestion. I hope there's someone out there whose done this before and can offer helpful suggestions. Thanks.

• 

16.7K Posts

September 16th, 2016 09:00

Shelquis,

You just need to sometimes be a little forceful if the cable is stuck. Maybe squeeze the sides of the cable connector when pulling up.

Here are some tools you may need as well.

Phillips screwdriver • Hex nut driver • Plastic scribe

No Events found!