Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 26th, 2016 08:00

Dell Inspiron One 2330 AIO won't boot past logo screen

I have been testing new Insider Preview builds of Window 10.  Everything was working and then Explorer froze up and was not responding. I did a CTRL+ALT+Del and started Task Manager to start Explorer.exe. But no reaction from the system in response to the keystrokes. I was force to manually power off the machine.

After that, now when I power on the 2330 it fires up the internal fan and seeks the DVD drive and goes to the Dell Logo screen and just stays there. Stuck at the Logo screen. Power button stays white in color. No matter what I do, F2 and F12 during power on, the PC does not respond at all. If I press the space bar a progress line shows up under the logo and F12 displays in the top right corner. If I press F12 during that time, it does not take me to the boot menu.  It just sits there displaying the Dell Logo and it will stay like that for over 24 hours or more, never a response.

I unplugged the power cord and pressed on the power button for two minutes to discharge static electricity. This made no difference.

This happened a day after my extended warranty expired. Last year I had this same issue, and Dell sent a guy to my house with a new motherboard, which fixed the problem. Now one year later, my motherboard has died again. And conveniently for Dell, my warranty elapsed the previous day,  What is the deal with these motherboards? Why do they keep breaking on me? 

10 Posts

June 28th, 2016 12:00

Yes, it was the motherboard.  Dell tech came out and put a new one in and everything is working as it was before the MB failed. Thank you Dell rep Rishi.

2K Posts

June 26th, 2016 13:00

Hi WGUIMB2,

Do you hear any beeps? Could you try using an external keyboard and check if you are able to access f12 boot menu or f2 for BIOS?

Download the service manual - http://dell.to/28XEBWS- remove and reseat the memory modules, HDD and check if the system goes past the Dell logo.  This would help isolate the source of the issue.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records, so I could check the warranty info and advise further course of action.

Keep us updated.

10 Posts

June 26th, 2016 16:00

No beeps. I am already using a USB keyboard. I can't get into BIOS using F2, it just does nothing. I have re-seated the memory modules. HDD seems to spin up ok. Still no boot past logo screen.

No Events found!