Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2016 05:00

Dell Optiplex 320 2 beep with error 123

I just take it from my school for a home server purpose and after reassembling it it can boot to BIOS but I'm unable to access the boot menu and the BIOS setup,also after the BIOS the lights indicating error 1 2 3 with 2 beeps.Also pressing F2 and F12 will cause a beep too.

My hardware:

Dell Optiplex 320

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300

2x1GB DDR2 RAM

1TB,500GB,2x160GB HDD

November 20th, 2016 19:00

Hi Tenent007963

Thanks for writing to us,

When did the issue start? Did you do any hardware or software changes?

As you  mentioned initially the system can boot to BIOS but again you said that you are unable to access the BIOS. Could you please brief us again if the system is loading in BIOS when you tap f2?

Also Please disconnect the power cable and remove the memory modules and try with one module at a time, observe for any promising changes.

The beeps sequence on this machine will be in a pattern as in it will beep once then a pause then twice then a pause etc. Is it possible for you to record the same and send us either via a youtube link or by any other ways if you can.

Do provide us the system tag# and also confirm the name the system is registered under. Let us

know the contact number and email address.

Regards

November 22nd, 2016 00:00

The issue starts after I disassemble the desktop and reinstalled with 4 hard drives.

Now the system can boot into the BIOS menu but upon pressing the F2 and F12 the desktop will beep for each press.

For the beep sound after the BIOS was 1-1 and the error is 1 2 3,

The system tag is and the name the system register under is Tenent Jason,phone number  and email address 

November 23rd, 2016 22:00

Hi Nice to hear from you. Is it possible to try with one Hard drive or rather two drives at a time if possible. Also as per the error codes looks to be a memory issue. Please run the machine with one memory module at a time and let us know how it goes.

Please click on my name in blue and select send a private message to send us your details once again please.

No Events found!