Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2017 09:00

Dell Optiplex 990 SFF Graphics Card & Dual Monitors with Extended Display

My Dell Optiplex 990 SFF has an Intel 2000 which I'm learning is no good.  I hate that my screened looks super stretched vertically and no matter how much I play with the resolution I can't fix it.  It's hurting my eyes. 

In addition I wanted to set up dual monitors with extended display.  While it's detected, identified, and showing the desktop on both monitors it's in duplicate and I can't get  the extended display to work. 

I'm no good at computers and have spent HOURS trying to understand all of this.  My guess is that I need to upgrade the graphics card?  I feel like I can do this from a youtube video.  I'm just not sure what I need.  I don't think I need anything fancy. Just something basic that will let me do the dual monitors with extended display and address the stretchy screen problem.  Recommendations?  

367 Posts

July 8th, 2017 16:00

Maximum power consumption for SFF is 25 Watts the best card the machine could operate with is:

VisionTek Radeon HD 6350 SFF Low Profile Graphics Card - 1 GB DDR3

From what I understand that card is not very powerful but might be enough to operate multiple monitors in low resolution

No Events found!