Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 28th, 2016 20:00

Dell Precision T3500 Internal Speaker

Hello,

I just installed an internal speaker in my Dell Precision T3500.  How do I configure a Windows 10 system to use that speaker?  The T3500 product documentation references the internal speaker but I haven't found any documentation on how to get it to work.  I assume it's a cheap business speaker, so I know the quality won't be great.  I'm just hoping for some basic sound out of it.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 29th, 2016 18:00

Until you install the OEM driver it will not work. The oem driver installs the AUDIO ESP control panel that "detects" the speaker.  The Generic Microsoft driver does not support the internal business speaker.

AD198X and ANALOG Soundmax AUDIO must have AUDIO ESP to detect the speaker.

AUDIO ESP is the Soundmax Control panel Applet that "sees" speakers and headphones etc plugged into the audio codec OR NOT.

The issue is that by default windows  7 or 8 or 8.1 or 10 will use a generic HD Audio driver and therefore things like the internal business speaker will not work and soundmax Audio ESP is non existant.

The solution is to install the Dell driver and then let windows update decide if the driver needs whql update.

This is a common problem.   The Audio ESP function that asks whats plugged into the port is not enabled in the generic win7, win8, win10 driver.  You also have to install DOTNET 4.0 and Directx June 2010

BEFORE installing this driver.  You also have to add the feature back for Legacy Direct Show from control Panel.  If you do all the right things in the right order it will work.  Control Panel, All Control Panel Items,  Programs and Features, Turn windows features on and Off,

Then do the checkboxes.  You MUST BE online when you do this because it will whine about not finding the features and needing to download them from windows update.

June 29th, 2016 09:00

Hello,

Here's a screen shot of my Playback Devices.  I'm currently streaming Pandora using desktop speakers plugged into the rear audio out jack.

Should the internal speaker show up in this list?

Thanks,

Rob

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

Internal speaker wont work without the OEM audio driver.

Compatible Systems
OptiPlex 160
OptiPlex 360
OptiPlex 760
OptiPlex 960
OptiPlex FX160
Precision R5400
Precision T3400
Precision T3500
Precision T5500
Precision T7500

Description Download
Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated High Definition Audio Driver
This package provides the Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated High Definition Audio Driver and is supported on Precision and OptiPlex that are running the following Windows Operating System: Windows 7 x32 .More details
Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio Driver
This package provides the Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio Driver and is supported on the OptiPlex, Precision and Latitude models that are running the following Windows Operating System: Windows 7 x64.More details

Hello,

I believe you've recommended Dell's onboard/integrated sound card driver.  I'm currently using sound card drivers from Microsoft for the onboard/integrated sound card.  The Microsoft drivers seem to be working as they allow me to use the front and back audio jacks for sound.

Does the internal speaker use the onboard/integrated sound card?  If so, I don't see an option for using the internal speaker in the "Playback Devices" window.

Thanks,

Rob

June 29th, 2016 14:00

Hello,

I'm also adding pictures of the internal speaker and internal speaker connection.

FYI,

Rob

No Events found!