Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 26th, 2017 06:00

Dell T3600 Pttt9 Front Panel Pin Layout

I am currently in need of the exact front panel pin layout on a pttt9 motherboard. I have searched, but can't seem to find a diagram labeling which pins are for power, power led light, etc. Could someone send me a link? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 12th, 2017 05:00

The power supply is propietary on this model and it uses a Board to attach the power supply to the motherboard with another series of cables. HOWEVER there are tons of FANS and Sensors and other required items to POST. Dell Does NOT and will NOT provide pinouts.

The PSU plugs into a SLOT and then multiple cables go from there.

There are more than 3 Sizes and Wattage.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/th/en/thdhs1/SLN151694/

http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_dell_precision_workstation/precision-t3600_owner's%20manual_en-us.pdf

April 26th, 2017 11:00

Ok, I guess I'll just have to find out through trial and error and hope I don't damage it. Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 26th, 2017 11:00

Dell doesn't make front panel pin-outs public for any PC model.

So unless somebody else has mapped them and posts here, you're on your own to figure them out.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 26th, 2017 12:00

Unless you're in a hurry and "adventurous", you might wait a day or 3 to see if any of the geeks around here have the info you need.

April 26th, 2017 13:00

Ok, I'll wait. This isn't the only potential problem anyway. I'm also trying to use a non-dell psu (I'm not sure if it's even supplying power to the mobo?) and a used cpu (e5 2667 v1) I just bought used on eBay. Soooo... I'm probably going to have alot of troubleshooting before I get this system working. I'm a teen that's on a budget so that's why it's going to be difficult for me to get this working without spending anymore money and it's the reason I'm putting together this xeon build. Sadly this is my main rig and I would like to be able to use it soon, but it looks like I should put together another desktop from parts I have and use that until I get this xeon build working.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 26th, 2017 14:00

Don't know if the PSU in this model is a Dell OEM unit or a generic PSU.

Do you know if the motherboard supports that CPU? The motherboard has an Intel C600 chipset. So first thing is to find out if that chipset supports your CPU. And even if it does, that doesn't mean BIOS on the motherboard supports that specific CPU. So you'll need to search around to see if somebody has used that same CPU on this motherboard.

Good luck with your build...

April 26th, 2017 15:00

The e5 2667 is supported. The review by Anandtech came with it. I'm just not sure about the psu and how to power on the motherboard without Dell's power switch. I'm using an Evga 100-N1-0400-L1 and a two prong power switch.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 26th, 2017 17:00

Do you know the motherboard actually works?

The OEM PSU appears to have both a 24-pin ATX connector, a 6-Pin Auxiliary PCI-E Power connector and an "8-pin Proprietary connector".

www.impactcomputers.com/6w6m1.html

The Dell front panel probably has a small circuit board. So the motherboard may not power on unless that's detected. So maybe you need a T3600 case..??

Not saying DIY projects like this aren't fun, but is it worth the time and $ to do this? Would you be better off buying a brand new system which will include the cost for a Windows 10 license, and come with a warranty?

April 26th, 2017 19:00

And uuuuuuuuuh, I don't really know if the mobo works. Same goes for the cpu.

April 26th, 2017 19:00

You're most likely right, but my parents won't let me buy a new system. :( Maybe I should have upgraded my current system from an i3 2120 to the best upgrade allowed by the mobo which is an i5 2500 for $50. I really wanted to have a 6 core 12 thread cpu though. Plus I now have enough parts to put together another build.. That was my plan that sounded good and isn't working out. I could probably ask for a refund on the e5 2667, but I can't return the mobo. I have a widows 10 licence that should work, 12 GB ram, DVD disk drive, and a Samsung 500 gb 850 evo from that I've accumulated over the past couple years using gift cards and when on sale.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 27th, 2017 11:00

What did the (eBay?) sellers say about the CPU and motherboard? If they guaranteed they'd work, maybe you can get your money back. Can't hurt to ask...

Maybe just put these parts aside and use them as motivation to earn/save money until you can afford to finish this project with a T3600 case and PSU.

Is the other system a Dell or something else? You might want to get the i5 for $50 (assuming they guarantee it works) and use that for a while.  And if it's compatible, use some of that 12 GB of RAM to max out the RAM in the system along with a CPU upgrade.

And your Parents know what's best...  :emotion-5:

1 Message

May 11th, 2017 20:00

Did you ever get the information you are looking for with the T3600? I also got this MB coming, a supported CPU, and a generic PSU but am not sure how to power on the system when it all arrives. All other MB's I have used have two pins that if shorted cause the MB to power on/off and is how power on switches work for anything I have ever used. An on/off switch is connected to each of the pins and when it is pressed the pins are shorted, thus causing the PSU to power up. For the T3600 I have been unable to find anything on any MB docs that show if this MB is powered up in the normal way as other standard motherboards. The technical docs available for this machine are pretty good but this piece of info isn't readily available. I'm kinda wondering if this system has a customized PSU where the power on/off switch connects directly to the PSU rather than to the MB which is the norm. Like you I'm not sure if my equipment will work but the sellers have assured me that the components are in working order.

May 12th, 2017 07:00

No, i was able to return! Because of all the dell proprietary connections, sensors and since i needed the computer within a couple weeks i decided not to mess with it. I ended up buying a hp z420 motherboard and a 24 to 18 pin power adpater which with a little tinkering i got working. Along with my e5 2667 and 16gb unregistered ecc ram i also bought used on ebay i have myself a budget powerhouse that was a $188 upgrade.

May 12th, 2017 07:00

Thanks for the help! I went to return the motherboard and realized i still had a couple hours left! lol! The seller accepted my return and I'm in the process of returning it. I bought a used hp z420 motherboard on ebay and a 24 pin to 18 pin power adapter. Didn't take me long to get it up and running. Bought 16gb unregistered ecc ram and used my e5 2667 and are all working together for $188!

No Events found!