Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 20th, 2016 03:00

Dell T5600 Startup Issues - no display

Hi, I am having an issue with my Dell Precision T5600.  When I power it on, I am seeing nothing on my monitor (not even the BIOS).  I have tried swapping out video cards (thinking it may have been a bad video card), but even then I am not getting anything on the screen.

I do notice the front indicators are light up with 1,2,3 lit up in an amber color.  (see attached photos). .

I notice when I start up the computer, the lights go in the indication as follows:

(3) (4)

(3)

(1) (2) (3)

(1) (2)

(1) (2) (3)

I was able to one time get to the bios, but then said it had no boot device (though 2 hard drives were setup).  See photos.  Anyone know why this would be happening?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 25th, 2016 06:00

(3) (4) = Appropriate memory modules were detected but a memory failure has occurred.
(3) = CPU configuration activity is in progress or a CPU failure was detected.
(1) (2) (3) = Indicates routine system activity subsequent to video initialization.
(1) (2) = System resource configuration in progress.
(1) (2) (3) = Indicates routine system activity subsequent to video initialization.

Power off, disconnect the power cable, open the case, remove and reseat every card and cable you see. Reconnect power cable, monitor to video card, and power on. What Diagnostic LED do you get?

Remove all video cards and then power on. What Diagnostic LED do you get?

No Events found!