Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2012 09:00

Dell XPS 8300 pci-e problem

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 8300 with an AMD Radeon HD 6950.Yesterday I installed GPU-Z and I saw that my grapiccard runs at pci-e 1.1,it is ok? I thought that it runs on pci-e 2.0.

Someone can ask me this this question?

Sorry for my bad English i´m from Austria.

1.8K Posts

December 3rd, 2012 16:00

Hi Adrian4586,

The PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard supports PCI-E 2.0 and the graphics card support PCI-E 2.1 and it must be working at the speed of PCI–E 2.0. I suggest you to update the BIOS and then check the slot speed of the graphics card. You can download the latest BIOS from the following link:
http://dell.to/R0PfJF

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

7 Posts

December 5th, 2012 11:00

Hi,

on my computer is already installed Bios A6 since three months.

7 Posts

December 5th, 2012 14:00

Hello DELL-Rajath N,

I can tell you something more about my pci-e problem: when I start the computer the grapics card run at pci-e 1.1,but when I don`t use the PC for a while, he goes into the sleepmode,than when i press any button on my keyboard he start again.And than my grapics card run at pci-e 2.0.

1.8K Posts

December 5th, 2012 15:00

Hi Adrian4586,

Thank you for your reply. It seems to be a known issue with GPU-Z reporting PCIe-2.0 cards as PCIe-1.1. I have referred various posts on other web sites while researching for a solution for this issue. Hence, the graphics card would be running at the speed of PCIe-2.0.

7 Posts

December 6th, 2012 08:00

Hello,

I have installed two other programms an they show my the same as GPU-Z.

1.8K Posts

December 10th, 2012 16:00

Hi Adrian4586,

Thank you for your patience and apologize for the delay in responding to your request. The motherboard changes the speed of the PCI-e slot based on the requirement. The speed would automatically change to PCIe 2.0 when graphics intensive applications are used.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

7 Posts

December 11th, 2012 08:00

Hello,

Hello,

The problem with this is that even if the graphics card is under load, the PCI-E slot is not running on PCI-E 2.0.

mfg Adrian4586

1.8K Posts

December 11th, 2012 16:00

Hi Adrian4586

Thank you for your reply. Please provide a screen shot of the application that reports the PCI-e card running at the speed of PCI-e 1.1 along with the system Service Tag in a Private Message.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name ‘DELL-Rajath N ’highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact details(including the name on the account) so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps.

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 04:00

Hi Adrian4586

Did you ever get an answer to this?

I found this thread through search engine, have same problem with xps 8300/hd5700 reporting PCI-E 1.1.

And yes, after sleep it goes to PCI-E 2.0!

This must be a bios issue?

7 Posts

July 23rd, 2013 00:00

Hello,

@nofreeze

The problem has still not been solved, and the support did not contact ...

3 Posts

July 23rd, 2013 08:00

Hi Adrian4586

That is not good :(

Yes the problem still exists, I am using older BIOS and was going to update to solve problem, but obviously it does not!

@support

With 85xx and 87xx now out, have you "given up" on xps 8300 issues?

78 Posts

August 1st, 2013 08:00

I found this Post, doing a quick search on Google, Has anybody figured out if this is a board issue? Can it be a bad board? or is it just as far as the computers will go.

I upgraded from a XPS 8100 to a XPS 8300, and after I installed my gigabyte 6850 oc...I noticed in GPUz my card is running at 1.1 x 16 pci-e....

I upgraded the Bios to A6 from A3 and still have the same issue. I guess if I can not find an answer here-I will start a whole new post.

No Events found!