Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 4th, 2016 11:00

Dell t5500 workstation diagnostics lights 2 3 4 blinking no display

Hi

I have dell t5500 workstation.

It's not showing any display.

Diagnostics lights 2 3 4 blinking no display and the fans speed increases.. They are very loud like blower.

Did some troubleshooting as mentioned in the comment on my video.

I am unable to  copy the comments from that video which has all findings done so far.

Please help.

40 Posts

April 12th, 2016 10:00

Pmed you details

40 Posts

April 13th, 2016 13:00

I carefully checked the cpu socket on motherboard and found one pin bent. I did my best and managed to get it aligned but still same issue..

Can i just remove processor from onboard socket and install it on riser card to test it?

If it works this way would it also be possible to use ram slots onboard?

40 Posts

April 13th, 2016 21:00

I carefully checked the cpu socket on motherboard and found one pin bent. I did my best and managed to get it aligned but still same issue..

Can i just remove processor from onboard socket and install it on riser card to test it?

If it works this way would it also be possible to use ram slots onboard?

40 Posts

April 17th, 2016 02:00

Hi i have some success.

I removed processor from onboard socket and installed riser card with processor. And surprisingly I got display but the fans were still running full speed.

And  the dell bios gave error that fan on cpu 2 is not working..

Whereas it was working and i took this riser card from a working system.  I reconnected the riser card ram fans connector. Still same.  Rest bios still it gives error message.

1 Attachment

40 Posts

April 17th, 2016 02:00

i am typing this reply from the problamatic dell systme in question.

its case fans are very loud.

using SpeedFan software i enabled the option "Enable Dell support use this option on note books"

under config > options.

the restarted the speedfan software and now it is showing rpms of a lot of fans.

setting values for PWM 2 ,3,4  from 0 % to 100 % no noise increase or decrease was observed.

however changing PWM 1 the speed of two front big fans was responding to it.

changing pwm percentage of pwm5 also changed the fan 5 speed.

now i have set it to 60 % and its noise is normal. the front two fans are at 1280 RPM now /

rebooting system looses its settings .. 

i also noticed one morething. when the system boots its fans are loud and speedfan shows 2900 rpm for fan 1 ( which could be settings for both front fans)..

once pwm1 value is lowered to reduce fan speed re-adjusting pwm 1 to 100 % however doesnt increases rpm to 2900  instead they are at 2250 rpm.

seems there is some controlling chip on motherboard that is damaged ?

i also flashed same bios again no luck.

but why is it giving the error that i attached in previous message about cpu 2 ram fan ? when ram fan is working ..

front diagnostic lights 1-4 are all off after it gives control to windows.

40 Posts

April 17th, 2016 11:00

I tested this riser card in another machine and it is working fine there.

40 Posts

April 22nd, 2016 02:00

Any ideas on how to resolve the cpu 2 memory fan error message.  

40 Posts

April 28th, 2016 09:00

I will try booting it with 6 pin power connector removed from motherboard and second processor on the riser card ..

40 Posts

April 29th, 2016 03:00

I booting it with 6 pin power connector removed from the motherboard but it wont turn on fully. The fans would spin for a while then it would turn off.

40 Posts

May 3rd, 2016 22:00

I tested using post card and it says 00 when powered on with single processor..  Same error code when powered up with no processor installed..  (riser card was removed from system for both tests).

But cpu was heating normally. So is vrm section ok?

I tired to check if there is short in the cpu power section by testing for short between the ground and the other pins on  (4  pin connector...).  Of Power socket on motherboard.

But no short was found.

Any heads up?

No Events found!