Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2006 05:00

Do I need warrenty service on my 2405FPW? What is wrong?

OK, I bought a new Dell 2405 back in May and around July I started to have problems with what I am thinking is the USB hub because I would get random freezes or freezes for legit. reasons but when I go to restart I would get a long beep then a pause, then a long beep, then pause....this would loop over and over without getting to the post screen at all. Now the only way to fix it would be (at first) if I would unplug my usb cable from the monitor to the back of the tower. Then I would restart and it would post fine and then id plug the monitor back in and it worked fine.

Anyway, this would continue for awhile like this, back and forth at random moments almost guaranteed if it ever froze, then one time a month ago, it did it but thsi time I had to restart it several times and unplug and replug it a few times before it finally worked and then it posted, but only to give me a "system 32 kernel file missing or has been corrupted" then I couldnt even log into windows so I ended up having to reformat, and i had to take out the HD and back up. So after a reinstall of XP I hoped that would do it, but after a couple of random system hangs for normal reasons it is doing it again and im afraid its going to lead up to that porblem again... so what I am wondering is could it be something with the usb hub in the monitor? I bought the monitor new in May so what is my warrenty coverage?

No Responses!
No Events found!