Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2010 17:00

Double Images on Monitor

Last week our monitor started showing "double images."  I am challenged just typing this post.  I was traveling and did not get back to check until this weekend.  We have an Inspiron 545 with a Dell ST 2210 monitor.  There were no recent changes to either devices.  The "ghost" image seems to be shifted to the right (as one views the screen).  I connected the monitor to another computer and it views normally.  I have no other monitor by which I can check the computer/video card.  The display adapter is Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family.  I have tried to upgrade drivers and the response that I have the most updated ones.  My trouble shooting indicates that all devices are operating corectly.  I have ch\anged resolutions, with some improvement when I go to 800x600 or 1280x720, but the double image is still there.  I am at a complete lost, other than purchasing another video card.  Thanks for any help.

At your service as I seek yours,

Johnie T

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 13th, 2010 17:00

JohnieT,

Did you try the native resolution, 1920x1080?

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2010 20:00

I have gone back over all of the changes to this computer.  Finally, I made the choice to disconnect a "video splitter cable", which had been connected and working quite well for many months.  Disconnecting this cable and connecting the monitor cable directly solved the problem.  I have not tried to use the split cable on another machine.  Perhaps, this will help someone else as well.

At your service/JohnieT

4 Posts

September 12th, 2010 18:00

Yes, I am sorry I did not mention that!  I did a system restore to one week prior to the start of the problem.  It did not change any of the results.

Ays/

JohnisT

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 12th, 2010 18:00

Hi Johnie T,

So this was working properly and just recently started this problem? Have you tried system restore?

3 Posts

September 12th, 2010 19:00

I have the same problem

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 4th, 2010 11:00

Hey, thanks for posting your solution. Glad that was all you needed to do.

No Events found!