toaster045
2 Iron

Driver for PCI Simple Com Controller and SM Bus Controller

Hi  

Can anyone guide me as to where I can find the drivers for:

1.    PCI Simple Communication Controller

2.    SM BUS controller

I have an optiplex 745 mini tower (if that make a difference). Whenever i log on the new found hardware bubble keeps popping up and it's starting to get frustrating! I’ve tried here http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID...= But can’t find one! Any thoughts? Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
pcenter
1 Nickel

Re: Driver for PCI Simple Com Controller and SM Bus Controller

hi,

you sure is not a OptiPlex 755 ???? (With Windows XP)

0 Kudos
toaster045
2 Iron

Thanks for replying.

No it's definitely a Optimize 745 mini tower, but i recently reformatted the hard disk (restored as many driver as i could) but not those 2, then recently went from integrated graphics to a nvidia 8600gts. It is running XP SP2. Any ideas??

0 Kudos
pcenter
1 Nickel

Try ChipSet Drivers  

0 Kudos
toaster045
2 Iron

Thanks pcentre, that driver was able to update the SM BUS controller but I'm still getting a message about the PCI Simple Communication Controller! Any thoughts??

Thanks

0 Kudos
phrob0y
1 Nickel

Download the modem driver, it is listed under "Communications" on the driver download page

0 Kudos
ltmagday
1 Copper

I bought a second hand dell computer, Optiplex 755, and had my system downgraded to XP Pro.  My problem is the computer can't find my SM Bus Controller driver.  Can anyone please help me?  It will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos

Hi there,

To resolve this issue, you require the chipset drivers. For the Optiplex 755, these are located here: www.dell.com/.../optiplex-755

Let us know how you get on with these!

John C

Dell EMC
| Commercial Social Media Quality Lead

0 Kudos
larissap112
1 Copper

I have many Dell 755s, with windows XP, and ALL of them show a PCI driver missing, and the chipset driver is installed that you linked, no improvement. VERY frustrating because your tool to diagnose/find drivers seems to not work with XP anymore.

0 Kudos
rdunnill
5 Rhenium

If they're all missing the same driver, the vendor ID and device ID would be clues as to the device in question.

The chipset installation utility only covers Intel's components. Other components furnished with the 755 include an old-fashioned dial-up modem and a TPM module.

The list of drivers is here: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/uk/en/ukdhs1/Product/optiplex-755

0 Kudos