jessetaylor94
2 Bronze

Easel stand is awful. Alternatives?

I have a dell inspiron 24 3000 series. It is a great computer but I absolutely hate that it has the easel stand. If I want to angle down the webcam I have to compromise the stability of the computer by adjusting the easel. 

Is it possible to buy a different stand to attach to the back of it to make it more like the iMac? It would also be a good way to save some space on my desk. 

thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DELL-Chris M
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Easel stand is awful. Alternatives?

You will need to remove the stand off of the back cover by removing the two screws. Then, you could install any VESA wall or desk mount. If I knew your exact model (there are several Inspiron 24 3000), I could send you a link to the Service Manual.

0 Kudos
jessetaylor94
2 Bronze

Okay, thanks! Are there different measurements for different vesa mounts or is it pretty standardized. I just want to make sure my screws line up.

The model is 3455 if that matters

0 Kudos
graystang86
3 Silver

Imho, get an ergotron mount.  I've used them for many years - at work and at home.

Do a Google search for:
Ergotron Mount Quick Finder by Display Model

Or, a direct link:

https://www.ergotron.com/tabid/387/language/en-US/Default.aspx

From what I saw, they have a lot of models, including a good compact display stand for an All-In-One.  Do a Google search on the model number.  Amazon carries most of their models.

Good Luck!

Me: Geek to the nth degree. [:)]
HW/SW/Mech Engineer.

0 Kudos