Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2012 03:00

Error Code 0F00:131B

My Desktop Dell XPS 8100 wont boot up and just goes to a blank screen with the cursor. when i ran the scna i get an error code of 0F00:131B. i canNOT get it to start up in Safe Mode. What can i do? Regards, Scott

January 21st, 2012 08:00

i solved this problem - i finally figured out that it was a Media Card issue and when i unplugged the printer from the computer, it started up fine.  problem is solved.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 8th, 2012 04:00

Try my suggestion. Run the diagnostics from your drivers and utilities disc. Test ONLY the hard drive, so we know whether this error is associated with that component.

Hi Osprey,

I was testing the machine after going into F12 as it was trying to startup  and trying to Boot it, then choose the 32 bit diagnostic test, then did the Express Test.  from there i got the error code.

Thanks for your help on this.

Scott

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Hi Scott,

When you obtained this code, which component were you testing? The error should be associated with a specific component and test.

If you're not sure, go back and run the diagnostics again from your Dell Drivers and Utilities disc:
1. Reboot your system. When you see the Dell logo, hit F12 to enter the boot menu.
2. Insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc in your CD/DVD drive.
3. Pick the option to boot from the CD/DVD drive.
4. You will be prompted to hit any key to continue booting from the CD/DVD drive.
5. You will be prompted to hit 1 to run the Dell diagnostics. You may see two such menus.
6. Select Test System.
7. Select Custom Test.
7. Use the arrow keys or mouse to select your hard drive.
9. Click Run Tests.
10. Write down any error messages.

January 8th, 2012 08:00

Osprey,

I just went into the "Boot Partial Utility" and was able to follow your instructions, it is now performing the tests on the Hard Drive.  i think i am getting there......i hope!

Thanks,

Scott

January 8th, 2012 08:00

I have out the Drivers and Utilities CD in for Dell Dimension Resource CD and it comes to a screen called "Microsoft Windows 98 CD-ROM Startup Menu. it gives me two choices, 1) to boot form the Hard Drive or 2) the CDROM, i choose CDROM and it goes to the next screen but then gives me this message of: "now loading drivers, this may take a moment.......

CDR103: CDROM not High Sierra or ISO-9660 format reading drive E

Abort, Retry, Fail?"

Then i have to Ctrl+Alt+del to reboot.

So then i tried the CD for the Operating System from Windows, and it acted more like your instructions above as in "press any key to boot from your CD"  then it just goes to the Blank screen again.....like i always go to.

scott

No Events found!