Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 2nd, 2009 13:00

Feedback for Nvidia System Information Dialogue

We are looking into improving the functionality of the System Information dialog accessed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. The dialog has information about the GPU like clock speeds, memory, driver version, etc. It would be great to have any usage data on how Dell end-users use this functionality and if there are any known issues associated with it. The feature is still in the design phase where we can use any data you can provide us on usage behavior.

Thanks in advance.
User Experience Researcher | NVIDIA Corporation

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

650 Posts

November 3rd, 2009 13:00

1. Include the ability to control the H2C pump and radiator fan.

Other than that, I think the control panel works just fine.  I've never had any issues with the nTune System Tools or the NVIDIA Control Panel.

The inability to control the H2C pump and radiator fan is the ONLY gripe I have ever had with the 730x.  I'm considering changing my H2C out for the stock HSF that came in my 730x because I can achieve cooler temperatures with the stock HSF as a result of not being able to control the H2C features.

650 Posts

November 12th, 2009 09:00

Wow...we're getting tons of feedback on this topic, eh Chris?  People needn't complain if they can't at least give a little feedback on what they would like to see implemented.

313 Posts

November 13th, 2009 14:00

1. Include the ability to control the H2C pump and radiator fan.

Other than that, I think the control panel works just fine.  I've never had any issues with the nTune System Tools or the NVIDIA Control Panel.

The inability to control the H2C pump and radiator fan is the ONLY gripe I have ever had with the 730x.  I'm considering changing my H2C out for the stock HSF that came in my 730x because I can achieve cooler temperatures with the stock HSF as a result of not being able to control the H2C features.

+1 that is something Dell definately need to do on this model!, not there next one!

482 Posts

November 13th, 2009 20:00

Carefully read Chris M's original post:

"We are looking into improving the functionality of the System Information dialog accessed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. The dialog has information about the GPU like clock speeds, memory, driver version, etc. It would be great to have any usage data on how Dell end-users use this functionality and if there are any known issues associated with it. The feature is still in the design phase where we can use any data you can provide us on usage behavior.

Thanks in advance.
User Experience Researcher | NVIDIA Corporation"

He is asking about GPU control issues, this is about competing with the EVGA Precision GPU control software.  Dell is OUT of the H2C buisness, they have even removed those units from the rigs left in Dell Outlet.  There probably will not be a Dell H2C unit on any new Dell machine for a long time, too much hassel and too many issues. 

The ESA still is not compatable with Core i7, and I have heard no work on its compatability with Core i5 or i9, but my guess is that those platforms are not ESA or nVidia Control Panel compatable.   Just my humble opinion, but those who truly wanted changes voiced their needs 6-8 months ago, did not get any satisfaction, and have moved on.

Best,

Darrell WV

No Events found!