Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

February 6th, 2009 21:00

GX280 No Audio with XP X64

I am installing Windows XP Pro X64 (SP2) on some GX280s. All has gone well except the audio. I get an error that the "HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found". I have searched the forums and found reference to the MS KB updates/patches and tried them (KB 835221 and KB 901105). I get an error that the SP installed is newer than the file being installed and the install terminates. Is there a fix for this or do I need to get a portable radio?

Thanks,

Larry

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 7th, 2009 12:00

I just checked the Dell downloads for this model and there are no XP 64 bit drivers listed.  You will need XP64 specific drivers.  You will also need to install the Intel chipset driver (if you didn't do that) as it is requred before attempting to install the sound drivers (even if you have the proper driver the sound will not be found if the chipset drivers have not been installed).

Basically, it looks like you are "on your own" to try and find any needed 64 bit drivers for the audio (and any other hardware device) since Dell does not support 64 bit OS on this model.

7 Posts

February 7th, 2009 13:00

Chipset and Display were no problem since its an Intel 915G chip and they are using NVidia 8400GS PCIe cards for video. The XP X64 picked up the network adapter with no problem. May wind up getting something like the SB Live or Audiology card for the sound.

Larry

No Events found!