Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2017 12:00

Harmful Dell technical support

Three different tech support personnel helped me upgrade from Win 7 to WIN 10 on my 1 week old Inspiron 3650.  I paid for the following from the parts list "

619-AHTY

Windows 7 Pro English 64bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License)"

Not one tech mentioned going from Win 7 to 10 would wipe my drive.  So I found out at the cliff, where there was no turning back.

I ask for $150 refund, they say "We politely refuse", and I never get out of talking to india.

Their response:

Dear Glen,

Thank you for taking time and discussing the issue with me. I sincerely apologize for the ordeal you had to go through, the feedback discussed will be shared with the team. Since Dell does not guarantee on customers data, we regret to inform you that we are unable to accommodate your request towards providing any compensation at the moment.

For your reference I am emailing the Dell warranty terms and conditions: http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/services/Dell_Hardware_Service_Agreement.pdf

Under How to Use Your Service, the second point quotes ‘Software/Data Backup. It is solely Customer’s responsibility to complete a backup of all existing data, software, and programs on affected Systems before receiving services (including telephone support). DELL WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF OR RECOVERY OF DATA, PROGRAMS, OR LOSS OF USE OF SYSTEM(S). You understand and agree that under no circumstances will Dell be responsible for any loss of software, programs, or data -even if technicians have attempted to assist you with your backup, recovery or similar services. Any such assistance is beyond the scope of any Dell warranty and this Service Agreement. The assistance is provided in Dell's sole discretion and without any guarantee or warranty of any kind. Neither does Dell provide any guarantee or warranty of any kind with respect to any third-party product that a technician may use in assisting you.’

Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment you may have experienced during your transactions with us. Once again, I thank you for sharing your experience with us. The feedback which we receive remains a crucial tool to determine how we can best improve our products and services. We truly regret any inconvenience or frustration this matter may have caused.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the issue discussed, please do reply to this email or call me and I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards,
Prawin
Dell | Advanced Resolution Group
No Responses!
No Events found!