Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

TM

October 22nd, 2013 08:00

Headphones not working with Dell speaker bar/P2212H monitor

Our law department has 15 users with P2212H monitors. We recently deployed speaker bars to them. Some of the lawyers like to listen to videos with headphone. When you put a headphone into the speaker bar, at normal volume (half way) you can barely hear anything and the higher you push the audio, you do not get higher volume but instead the speaker bar generates static. I need a fix for this or we will have to can the speakerbars and not order any future ones.

October 22nd, 2013 09:00

Hi timothy marsch,

We regret the inconvenience caused, please follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue.

1. Clear any obstructions between the Soundbar and the user.
2. Please confirm that the audio line-in plug is completely inserted into the jack of the audio source.
3. Turn the Power/Volume knob on the Soundbar clockwise to the maximum volume setting.
4. Set all Windows volume controls to their maximum
Increase the volume of the audio application (Windows Media Player, VLC Player, YouTube).
6. Test the Soundbar using another audio source (i.e. portable CD player, MP3 player).

Please try these steps and reply us with your findings.

October 22nd, 2013 11:00

tried on 3 different machines, doesnt work. There is sound bleed through and static from the sound bar but no sound in the head sets

October 23rd, 2013 09:00

Hi timothy marsch,

Thank you for your response, please check connecting the headset to the computer’s microphone port which is on front of the tower.
Please try connecting and check for the audio output and also try connecting any other speaker / headphone if available and let us know your findings.

October 29th, 2013 07:00

Tried this on 4 of the 15 computers. Plugging headset directly into pcs work but not an option as PCs for all 15 users are stored on the floor. Thats why we got the speaker bars. We need to be able to jack into the speaker bars directly. Issue has been reported with all 15. We are a small tech group, I do not have time to go to all 15 locations to check this. WE need a fix for the issue. All items you have asked me to do I had done before contacting you as standard practice.

October 30th, 2013 06:00

Hi timothy marsch,

Thank you for the update, I appreciate your patience.

Were these speakers purchased from Dell if yes then, please provide us reference details so we can check the same.
Provide us the Order number and customer number of the purchase on a private message so that we can check the same.
To send a private message, click on my user name and select send a Private Message and provide your Order number and customer number and contact information.

Please reply us with your findings.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2014 07:00

Was there any resolution to this issue?  Myself and others in my office are also experiencing these symptoms.

No Events found!