Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2014 20:00

Help : workstation t3400 gives the error; No. 1 and 2 and a twinkle in the front panel of the device

Problem workstation t3400  when running
Can not start Windows
And gives this message and stop the screen: \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Phoenix Rom bios plus version 1.10 a08
copyright 1985 - 1988 phoenix technologies ltd.
copyright 1990 - 2008 dell inc
all rights reserved
dell system precision workstation t3400 series
bios version a08
www.dell.com
...... performing automatic ide configuration

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

And gives the error; No. 1 and 2 and a twinkle in the front panel of the device

Please help me I need to work on the computer :emotion-9:

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

March 17th, 2014 06:00

Hi tawfiktito,

From what your describing the problem could be a few things but we can trouble shoot and hopefully pin this down for you! Firstly are you able to get to the systems BIOS to reset defaults / Boot to the systems Diagnostics to see if any hardware components have failed?

The ‘1’ – ‘2’ with blinking power button usually indicates the systems is attempting to finalize its recourse configuration before booting. As the systems not getting past this point there could be a memory problem or possible NVRAM corruption. If you have any known good memory to test I would suggest swapping sticks individually, testing slots one at a time to see if a slot or stick has failed.

The NVRAM can be cleared by following the instructions in this guide: http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?docid=DSN_9411B9DF8C4A48C0AF3B60F301E53E88

For more troubleshooting and system specific information please find your service manual at the link below.

Dell Precision Workstation T3400 - User’s Guide

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_dell_precision_workstation/precision-t3400_user's%20guide_en-us.pdf

Let us know how it goes,

No Events found!