Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 12th, 2009 11:00

How Do I Clean a Dell Mouse?

I have a two-button, optical, Dell mouse that has begun to act funny.  When I click once on the left-click button, the computer interprets that as a double click or, apparently, even more.  I have had the computer only about a year and a half so I can't believe that the mouse button has worn out, so I suspect that there is some hair that gotten between the external button and the internal part of the mouse.  However, when I try to take apart the mouse to clean it, I can only get it apart part of the way.  There must be something that I need to do other than remove the screw in the bottom but I can't see what that would be.  I don't want to break the thing.  Help!!

14.4K Posts

September 12th, 2009 11:00

i would go into control panel and under the mouse change the double click setting bing it down a notch and see if that helps. Most newer optical mice are not designed to come apart and since they are fairly sealed dirt is usually not an issue.

most of the time since mice are fairly inexpensive nowadays it is better to just get a new one

1 Message

December 4th, 2014 07:00

I have a two-button, optical, Dell mouse that has begun to act funny.  When I click once on the left-click button, the computer interprets that as a double click or, apparently, even more.  I have had the computer only about a year and a half so I can't believe that the mouse button has worn out, so I suspect that there is some hair that gotten between the external button and the internal part of the mouse.  However, when I try to take apart the mouse to clean it, I can only get it apart part of the way.  There must be something that I need to do other than remove the screw in the bottom but I can't see what that would be.  I don't want to break the thing.  Help!!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 4th, 2014 07:00

This thread has been locked due to it's age, if you have a similar issue, please use the 'New Post' feature at the top of this page and start a new thread.

Bev. 

No Events found!