Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2009 12:00

How do I get my Dell to accept my all in one printer.

I have a Epson Stylus CX5400 All-In-One printer that is hooked up via USB cord, and it was gave to me, so I didn't have a software CD to download it.  I can't find a download that will help my Dell accept it.  I am so frustrated, I don't know what else to do.  Please does anyone have any advice for me?

482 Posts

Hello April1608,

Each computer has an operating system (OS).  Not every printer works with every OS.  I know that I had three Canon printers which were great when I was using Windows XP but there were no drivers for Vista, so when I changed OS to Vista I had to give the printers away and get new printers.  Now that Windos 7 is coming out, I am on the hunt for Canon Windows 7 drivers.

So, first, you will need to go to Epsom web page, find your all-in-one, then hunt for drivers for your OS.  Turn OFF your virus firewall software, and download the drivers which are for your OS and bit (32 or 64 bit), remove/delete your current printer software and then run the new software.  Often older versions of printer software are in conflict with the current version and interfere with its loading properly.

Restart your system, set your default printer.

Best of luck,

Darrell WV

2 Posts

I appreciate it but  actually that's not the problem, My add new hardware program does not list my Epson Stylus CX5400. It lists about twenty of them but not mine, but while you try to figure that one out I will try what you suggested!

Thanks Alot!

April  WV

14.4K Posts

October 5th, 2009 15:00

Depending on how old your system is and how new the printer is without a updated driver listing it will not show up in the add hardware lists as this was not preprogramed into the OS.

Do as Darrel suggests and go to the Epson site. You need to download the Driver, version v5.4aA Then the Twain driver version v2.65A

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 5th, 2009 15:00

April1608,

You probably should have posted this in the Dell Printers Forum

What is the model number of your Dell Computer and operating system?

Rick

No Events found!