Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2009 16:00

How do I switch from 64-bit Vista down to 32-bit?

I'm having some trouble finding the answer to a question I have about Vista.  I have been applying for a job with a company that does virtual assistant work.  One of the issues that I'm having is that they have told me that my computer has 64-bit Vista installed (which was already on the computer when we bought it) and their platform will only accept 32-bit Vista.  I really don't have a clue about what all that means, but I do want to know if there's a way to downgrade my desktop to 32-bit so I can do this job.  Any advice would be very much appreciated!  Thanks.  Sandy

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 22nd, 2009 17:00

You have to do a clean install of 32 bit vista. You can order replacement disks from Dell HERE, but you must specify the 32 bit version, instead of the one you got with the computer. This is not an easy task and you will have to reformat the drive and lose all your factory installed software and reinstall all your programs and files. I'd find a different job that supplies the computer. Are you sure the job is not a scam like a "work at home" scheme? Plenty of those around now.

ps You also need to find the 32 bit drivers for your hardware.

No Events found!