Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 22nd, 2013 14:00

How to connect Dell xps 27 all in one touch to tv wirelessly via WiDi or miracast technology

Hi,

I want to connect Dell xps 27 all in one touch to sony Bravia tv wirelesly or you can say via WiDi or miracast technology. I had a chat with Dell customer care & they said, your PC should have  "Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000, 1030, 2200, or 2230 Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2200 for Desktop". They checked & confirmed my PC's wireless card doesnt support widi but with PC's processor is widi ready"

Can anyone please let me know what are my options?

Thanks in Advance.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2013 15:00

Hi Delllove,

Wireless-N refers to your wi-fi adapter. That's not what you need to send a wireless signal to your TV. You will need to purchase an internal or external WiDi adapter for your XPS 27. The external ones are not that expensive and give you the flexibility to use it with any PC.

3 Posts

December 24th, 2013 09:00

Hi OSPREY4,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let me know the name of some external WiDi adapters for my XPS 27? I am ordering Neatgear Push2TV for my TV.

Thanks & Happy Holidays :)

December 25th, 2013 06:00

Interesting post, I have the same problem. I brought a XPS 2720 and a PTV3000 for my HD TV, and am unable to connect!

I would appreciate any help in solving this issue. If I understand properly from the previous post its the Wireless adapter which is not compatable with Push2TV?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 25th, 2013 16:00

In order to check if you have the necessary hardware to support WiDi, go here and run the Intel utility, which will check for the required hardware and update the software as needed.

I'm not entirely sure if it is possible to add WiDi to a desktop that did not come equipped with WiDi. See this page for more information.

No Events found!